cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Am I Expecting Too Much ?

Hdhdfjhffjjffjj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in Barrhaven. Been with PM for years I'm having similar issues. Data is just so slow for some reason. I haven't had any issues in the past but recently it's getting insanely slow

7 REPLIES 7

Tombrowning

Things had started going well until yesterday. I traveled to Almont ,  no connectivity. Then to Smiths Falls, very sporadic and unstable.

I've tried all the suggestions. So disappointing because when it does work it's fine. But the instability is frustrating! 

Hdhdfjhffjjffjj

Pixel 3aXL. I'm going to upgrade this month and I will be spending more time on the states so I took advantage of the 5g plan with 100gb. 

HI @Hdhdfjhffjjffjj 

20 is not good.  but you won't see it " insanely slow" either ,  What phone is that?

if it is a 5G phone, try changing it to 5G

and I would try the sim card in another phone if you have one

and last, open a ticket with PM support agent and ask them to refresh the account

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Hdhdfjhffjjffjj

Yes I have tried all the suggested solutions like restarts, airplane mode etc. they never really do anything. I don't know anyone else using PM

Hdhdfjhffjjffjj

Screenshot_20240801-151322.png

 i never get above 20 Mbps. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Hdhdfjhffjjffjj have you tried restarting your phone or turning on airplane mode and then turning off? Is there someone else you know that is with Public Mobile in your area that you can compare speeds with?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Hdhdfjhffjjffjj 

how slow? please run a speed test and check it

and  try Reboot device first, and then  Reset All network. This usually will clear up the issue

if no difference, try in another area.  Also, put your sim card in another phone and test, it will reset the profile and will help

Need Help? Let's chat.