cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account Disabled / No Phone Service

Harneil1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Account disabled paid for phone bill and it won't work?never had a issue like this before with public mobile can someone please help 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harneil1234 : This is the problem with the recent removal of the Change SIM option. We (customers) can't know. From the sim swap fraud symptoms, what you have feels like it. But then how? The Change SIM function has been removed. Is there another back door that people are exploiting? We don't know. Has someone done the SIM swap fraud and then ported out even? We don't know.

Nor do we know what the moderators are doing to get people going again. They're not telling. Have you done a little exploring of your financial logins to have a look if anyone has been up to anything?

@RosieR 

At first, I was thinking about the possiblity of the number being ported out, but if that was the case, this @Harneil1234 would have received a text message about this (unless the dreaded
SIM swap was done).

@Harneil1234 contact the moderators right away.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

In the meantime, check all the financial accounts to see if everything is in order.  Change passwords if necessary.

Please keep us posted.  thanks in advance

RosieR

Harneil1234

It's not ringing so it's not sim swap

@Harneil1234 wrote:

It won't let me call *611 and my login is disabled I paid my phone bill to as well it was working fine randomly stopped today

@Harneil1234 call your number from another device and see what it says or ask someone to call your number and ask them what they hear.

Read this article https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

You might be a victim of sim swap fraud.  Contact the moderators using the link in the article.

Please keep us posted.  Thanks in advance

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harneil1234 : I guess all you can do is contact the moderators. Click on the cartoon quote lower right and muddle your way through the stupid chatbot to get to submit a ticket.

Harneil1234

Won't let me login it's disabled I paid my bill 

Harneil1234

Harneil1234

It won't let me call *611 and my login is disabled I paid my phone bill to as well it was working fine randomly stopped today

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Harneil1234 wrote:

Account disabled paid for phone bill and it won't work?never had a issue like this before with public mobile can someone please help 

Hi @Harneil1234 Log in your self serve account  here.  Does it show Active?  If not, click the Reactivate My Current Plan as shown in the image below

Plan Expired - Reactivate Current Plan - Disregard.png

Log out.  Before you log back in, clear your browsing history, clear your cache and cookies here https://bit.ly/2AYhY2a

Use another browser and/or use the incognito mode.  This seems to work for some customers.

Please keep up updated.  thanks in advance

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harneil1234 : What do you get when you dial 611? In the self-serve - what is the account status? Active? Expired? Lost/Stolen?

What amount do you have in Available Funds? What plan are you on?

Can you try the SIM in another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.