cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the Oct 27-28 flash sale

moonlight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I just came by Public Mobile's flash sale costing $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed. Is 3G any different in speed than the plan I'm on right now with Virgin mobile? Currently, I'm on a BYOP 40 1gb plan with Virgin, and I'm wondering if 3G is sufficient for watching Netflix and Youtube. Does this Public Mobile plan also include free voicemail, call display, and have any contract-bound time period if I can switch the service? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

A328
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can watch Netflix and YouTube without any problems.  No buffering what so ever.  Also it includes voicemail and call display.  No contract.  You stay as long as you want and port out whenever you want.  No refund of your prepaid amount though. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@moonlight, here's a recent comparison of 3G vs LTE.   If you are after sheer speed, you can switch to 3G only mode and bypass the throttling.  If you think full speed LTE is a must, I would suggest other options.  Public Mobile is no longer competitive for LTE speed plans.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/3G-vs-LTE/td-p/248442

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@moonlight

PM 3G speed is LTE capped at 3Mbps.  It will be fine streaming Netflix.  But you don't want to watch too much Netflix on a 4.5GB plan.

Yes, PM plan include free voicemail, call display and there is no ontract as PM is a prepaid service.

Need Help? Let's chat.