cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I made the switch from FM to PM but

SaiX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Am I still able to use my FM service provider within the 72 hours phone number transfer(if I got that gist right) or am I able to use PM soon? I will be going out on canada day tomorrow and would like to have at least a service provider active for the day.

Also should I be expecting something like a bill that I have to pay for the upcoming monthly plan that I was on with FM. My soon to be bill would be on july 4th but I not sure if I have to pay it after opting out of FM.

This is the very first time I ever made a switch that involves phone plans(not pay as you go prepaid plans) so I don't really know much of the outcome that has come to me as of yet.

3 REPLIES 3

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SaiX wrote:

Also should I be expecting something like a bill that I have to pay for the upcoming monthly plan that I was on with FM. My soon to be bill would be on july 4th but I not sure if I have to pay it after opting out of FM.

The only thing you'd have to pay is any roaming or overage (international calling) you had, plus any balance of your tab, if any, minus port-out date from Freedom - so if port is successful as of July 1, you'd get credit for those unused days up to billng date. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As already mentioned, porting if successful from Freedom happens very quickly in a few hours, not days.  As for the questions about Freedom billing, the answer depends on whether you got a prepaid or post paid plan.  If it is prepaid, then you already paid and porting would forfeit any remaining service.  If you selected post paid plan, then porting stops the service and you get billed by the day for the number of days of active service.  A final bill will be provided at end of billing month.  You will have to pay the bill or risk having it go to a collection agency. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @SaiX,

When you transfer your FM number to PM, the number transfer usually takes anywhere from few minutes to a couple of hours.  Its an automated system that all carriers use.  

If the number doesnt transfer over to PM within 3-4 hours, then you will have to get help from the mods to resubmit the number port request.  For that, you will have to send a private message to one of the mods.  

Once your number transfers to PM, the FM account is closed automatically.  So there should be no more new bills from FM.  

If you are in the middle of a number port, your FM sim card will continue to work until your number transfers to PM.  At that point, you will lose service on the FM sim card.  

While waiting for the number to port, your PM sim card will not be able to get any incoming calls and sms.  Outgoing calls, outgoing sms and data will work right from the moment you activate the new PM account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.