cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: roaming in Canada

pubmonewbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is a nice, juicy, easy question for this fantastic community: if I'm an Alberta-based Public Mobile client, will my phone work fine while travelling in Nova Scotia? Do I have to worry about roaming fees or anything weird?

You're welcome, rack up those Bravo points 😉

5 REPLIES 5

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Both Canada-wide and province-wide can accept calls from anywhere. The province-wide limits your calling to the province you're in unless you have calling add-ons that include Canada. This can be any province. Just calls to in that province. It's nothing to do with your "home" province.

Firehawk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

All the current plans should have Canada-wide coverage. You may want to verify your currant plan is not a Provincial plan just to be sure. Watch you data limit, as you may run out on a long trip. I would recommend using wi-fi when you get to your destination. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pubmonewbie   As long as you have the Canada Wide calling in your package, you are good to go.

But please login and check, some users might have activated the Provincial calling only ,which PM offered for a very short time 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Hmm...sounds like you already know the answer..

Meow
Mayor / Maire

IF you have Canada wide plan, nothing to worry about. PM has no roaming fee.

If you have only Province wide Plan, best is to upgrade it to Canada wide, which are ALL current Plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.