cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about downgrading or cancel my current paln

Paradisee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I want to downgrade my plan but unfortunately, the lowest price is $ 30 before tax. I do not use more than 1 G per month, and I want to save money by downgrading my data plan. I was thinking of two options:

-I cancel the plan for mobile data, call/text but still keep my phone number so that everyone can call me, can I?

- or cancel the public mobile and go for a different provider.

I appreciate everyone with any ideas and alternatives.

Thanks.

Sara

7 REPLIES 7

Paradisee

Thanks. If I create a new account in Public Mobile and then am I able to transfer my current number by Public Mobile to the new one?

@Wayworn wrote:

Before you take drastic measures- I suggest you first call Customer Service and explain your situation. Who knows they may help you to downgrade to a lower plan . If they don’t then you could consider changing to another cell phone plan provider. Good luck. .

Please do not spread misinformatoin. Public Mobile does not have a customer service phone number.

@Paradisee 

All the optional plans are in your account under Subscription> Manage Subscription>Change Subscription and there it will list all plans you are eligible for.

A CS_Agent may or may not help you downgrade so contact them by clicking on the Chat bubble and type in Submit a Ticket or Contact Agent. No guarantee that they will downgrade for you.

Other than that, you will need to port out to another carrier and port back.

Paradisee

Thanks. What phone number can I call?

Thanks.

Sara

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Before you take drastic measures- I suggest you first call Customer Service and explain your situation. Who knows they may help you to downgrade to a lower plan . If they don’t then you could consider changing to another cell phone plan provider. Good luck. .

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Paradisee  as you know, you can only downgrade to what's showing up on your account when you login. 

The only way to keep your number is to downgrade to the lowest plan available to you.

If you don't like the current plans, then you can shop around for anything that is better, sign up with them then port your number to them. Don't cancel the public mobile account if you want to port. It will automatically be closed on transfer.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It looks like downgrading plans is not possible anymore or with very, very limited options.

If you want cheaper plan you would have to cancel existing, lose number and sign up again as new customer.
Or open account at other provider, port out number and then open new account at PM and port number back.

Need Help? Let's chat.