cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about PM frequency band and phone compatibility

hobokingdom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just made a blunder and ordered a Xiaomi phone from China which is the Global ROM instead of Global Verison.

The phone is Xiaomi Note 12 Pro which has basically none of the bands of public except only 1. Which is B5 or 850mhz. Will my phone work (calling, text and data) if I only have 1 band? 

If it will work. Will call quality be bad or will it only work in 850mhz locations near those towers or will it work everywhere?

And if it doesn't then man i'm screwed. I can't return the phone and I have learned a valuable lesson to check the phone bands before buying. 

Thank you for any information. 

6 REPLIES 6

hobokingdom

Thank you but, what you posted is exactly what I know already... I already know it works with B5. 

hobokingdom

Thank you for your informative response. I didn't know it requires 2 bands looks like i'm screwed. But thanks for the suggestion to sell it. Maybe i can recoup some with that. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hobokingdom   Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro

these are the bands on your phone, BOLD are compatible bands with PM

3G bands HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 /  2100
4G bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 19, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41 - International, China

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

Basically, I would not recommend this phone to use on PM network

Your voice will not be working well as PM uses 2 bands for voices and you are missing half of it

For LTE connection , it would be poor as it has only one of the many bands PM uses

You have other it and cannot return it, so, just try it or sell it to others who are on a different network

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It even looks a little light on the 4G side for here. One. Sucks. I think that phone would be a challenge for here.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Need Help? Let's chat.