cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about GB Bonus plans

Dros
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was looking at signing up for a plan with the "6 + 6GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 Days" thinking I would have 12 GB over 90 days. Iwas hoping someone could confirm this is a permanent bonus and not a one-time bonus of 6GB that does not renew after it has been used up.

The reason I ask is because I was recently reading about the refer a friend and get 1GB promo and how it is not a permanent addition to the plan but a one-time use. The advertisement seemed misleading to me so I wanted to make sure this bonus 6GB is permanent and that the plan will have 12GB per 90 days every 90 days.

Thanks for the help!

7 REPLIES 7

MXW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just received a text from 611 warning me I’ve used “75% of the data included in your service.” Thankfully it’s 75% of the 1GB referral bonus and not of the 18GB! 🙂 

pubmobnewb

@MXW wrote:

Just curious. I was referred by a friend and also received the 1GB add on. In your post you stated the 1GB is used AFTER your regular plan but I have used nowhere near the 18GB in my plan, yet my add on shows I’ve used 541MB/1GB. It seems like it’s using the 1GB add on BEFORE my regular plan data. 

I too have this problem. I referred a friend and honestly don't need the 1GB so it's not a big deal, but I think this might be an error in the implementation of the add on. I'd suggest that people check their accounts to see if the add on is being used up (before their plan data is used up).

MXW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just curious. I was referred by a friend and also received the 1GB add on. In your post you stated the 1GB is used AFTER your regular plan but I have used nowhere near the 18GB in my plan, yet my add on shows I’ve used 541MB/1GB. It seems like it’s using the 1GB add on BEFORE my regular plan data. 

thomasn83

Above and beyond just the November promo PM has going on, referring a friend is totally worth it because you will still get the permanent dollar discount associated with either a 30/90 day plan.

So why not? Sharing is caring 😉

In addition, if you are joining anyway, give a friend with PM as the referral and you both get the 1 GB data add-on. The add-on is used AFTER your regular plan and is available until completely used. I've have one for over a year.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dros  just remember the 3g speed is LTE coverage trottled to 2.5Mbps.  it is adiquate for most daily things.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, it’s 12 GB every 90 days as long as you keep renewing. The 1GB bonus is a separate promotion for referrals. 

Need Help? Let's chat.