cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quebec promotion

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello I have a question about the promotion a friend wants to sign up, if they take a Quebec number will they be eligible for the offer even if they live in N.S.? he can use his parent address in QC  Also if he changes number to an N.S. number in a few months will he lose the promotion thanks 

21 REPLIES 21

@brettster99 

Your card on file must always match your billing address exactly.....but really you can pick a number from anywhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

What is everyone basing these assumptions on? I will say that if you're trying to get around things, discussing in the open might not be the best thing. This gives Public Mobile a reason to look into more strictly enforcing eligibility requirements.

I'm with ya on the assumptions.

RE promos: But this place has long been all kinds of ambiguous when it comes to promo wording.

So, for a limited time they are allowing people in Quebec to activate the $35/1.5Gb plan the way it Really Should Be....a $30/2Gb plan. 
$25 = 1Gb

$30 = 2Gb

$35 = 3Gb

$40 = 5Gb

$45 = 7Gb

$50 = 9Gb etc...

AE_Collector

What is everyone basing these assumptions on? I will say that if you're trying to get around things, discussing in the open might not be the best thing. This gives Public Mobile a reason to look into more strictly enforcing eligibility requirements.

brettster99

@darlicious 

Just want to make sure of something. 

If I wanted to change my number to Alberta or a territory number for the 5% tax rate. I “should” (meaning need to) have an address regreisterd in that place? Also KOHO I haven’t received my physical card yet (Post office sends stuff back even with the RIGHT ADDRESS) If I change the address on that to a different place just to be safe I should be alright?

@shep22  I think the basic assumptions on this promo is you need to:

1. Choose a quebec phone number.
  2. Registering with a quebec address is better than not in case you need a moderator for help and they check your account address with the conditions of the promo.
  3. Where you activate should make no difference.
  4. Your autopay credit card address should make no difference but I would register it for the autopay reward but pay with a voucher just to be safe. (again see line 2)
  5. This is stackable with the second 30 days free promotion.
  6. Unknown but your 30 days free credit may or may not be $35 vs $30 (wait and see.)
  7. Very likely changing your phone number to a non quebec number will result in the loss of the $5 discount making it $35/2gb not that good of a deal vs $40/5gb with flexibility to change your plan according to your needs.
  8. You'll  save $0.0025% in tax with a quebec number rather than a nova scotia number.

@brettster99  Also, if you setup Auto-Pay address needs to be in Quebec.

This promotion is for Quebec residents.  If you choose a number from Quebec while not living there to later change it to a number in your home Province I would be prepared to lose the promotional price.  While their system may not be that sophisticated I am sure it can pick up that numbers on are on what plan and find any out of province numbers quite easily.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

brettster99

@geopublic 

You could easily just use a VPN to mask the IP address to another province or territories. 

@shep22  Doesn't require that much sophistication as your location can be easily obtained from your browser and your IP.

The promotion is offered on the activation website. You just select the $35 plan and the price will show as $30 with an additional 500MB mentioned during the payment step if you are in Quebec. If you're not in Quebec, only the additional 500MB shows (but not the $5 off).

@shep22 wrote:

@geopublic hello so do you think they may know if it was activated outside Quebec is their activation system that sophisticated?

The system is not that sophisticated. But it certainly is continuously aware of the province of a phone number and if the plan is changed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shep22

@geopublic hello so do you think they may know if it was activated outside Quebec is their activation system that sophisticated?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shep22  My understanding is that you must activate online and you must be located in Quebec at the time of activation. So ask your friend to have his parents activate the sim for him. 

brettster99

@Naepalm 

Unfourtnaley hahaha

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@shep22 

From my understanding, it is based on the phone number.  If your friend takes a quebec phone number, then it would qualify for the promotion.  

If he changes number later, this may or may not lose the credit.  In the terms and conditions, there is no mention of changing phone number.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans/35for1GB-3Gspeed

Limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online only.

$5 credit and 500MB bonus will be automatically applied to the eligible rate plan of $35/month. Discount and bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice

@brettster99 right. yeah most of the cool awesome amazing promos are LOL

brettster99

@Naepalm 

Yeah it’s for new activations only. Here is the fine print 

Limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online only.

brettster99

@Naepalm 

I believe it’s for new activations only

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@shep22 it is based on a Quebec address, and phone number...I think his payment method would also have to match his Quebec address although I might be wrong on that, maybe an oracle or OG could clarify? 

If I pay with my credit card that shows Ontario, but my profile is Quebec could I take advantage of a Quebec plan...hmmm

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@shep22 

hi yes I believe that he could do that as long as he has a Quebec address and area code he should be good to go I do believe though he would probably lose the promotion if he changed his number to a Nova Scotia number down the road. Hopefully others will have an opinion on whether he will lose the promotion or not

Need Help? Let's chat.