cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public points for past referral

kristawells
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I switch to Public Points, will my past Refer a Friend reward be included in the new scheme?

15 REPLIES 15

JL9
Mayor / Maire

That was in reference to winning a brand spanking new iPhone and not ignoring your posts lol 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lol if only I could be so lucky. 

@JL9 wrote:

Lol ughhh everytime I read posts like this it's like another little deep cut... Death by a thousand cuts for us points suckers. 

And next week, when you come back and show us how you win an iPhone with just 1 point, we will all envy you and rush to jump over to the new system. .LoL

@JL9   you are trying to find way to ignore my posts, right?  LoL

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lol ughhh everytime I read posts like this it's like another little deep cut... Death by a thousand cuts for us points suckers. 

No worry @kristawells   We are all happy you stay with us on the old system and save more like all of us  🙂

kristawells

Yes, I didn’t mean to do that. I thought I was putting it on a different reply. It was pointed out to me and I fixed it. All is good! Cheers!

It is INAPPROPRIATE and against the rules to solution your own reply!

kristawells

oh, sorry. I didn’t realize I’d done that! I’ll try to fix it now. Thanks for the heads up. 

@kristawells wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply! I’m glad you mentioned that the auto pay is $2. I was thinking it was $1 which would be less than 5% of my $25 monthly bill. So yes, sticking with the old reward plan is better even though I’m only in the 11th month. As you pointed out, my monthly rewards will increase staying put. Cheers!

Hey krista...If @softech gave you good advise, I'd suggest you edit your "SOLUTION" and award it to that person who helped you...rather that give it to yourself. I'm sure he'd be happy to know he helped you.

@kristawells wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply! I’m glad you mentioned that the auto pay is $2. I was thinking it was $1 which would be less than 5% of my $25 monthly bill. So yes, sticking with the old reward plan is better even though I’m only in the 11th month. As you pointed out, my monthly rewards will increase staying put. Cheers!

I think you have come to a good conclusion to stay on the old rewards program with your current plan @kristawells 

🙂

Although the additional information is useful, I do feel, that the best answer to your original question would be the first post @softech posted. 

So, you are more than welcome to change your solution to the one that best answers that question.

kristawells

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kristawells   trust me, the old reward is much better.  Think twice before you migrate.  You cannot come back if you are gone

here is a summary with the old and new system

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

They will not appear as $ but as points. And you would need to collect 15 points before being able to redeem them.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kristawells   You will continue receive Friend Referral, but it becomes 1 point per friend.  You have to accumulate to 15 points and redeem for $15 bill credit at a shot

Need Help? Let's chat.