cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points

Jess121
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently receive $4 off my bill every month for loyalty and autopay. Although, I have heard about Public Points and am wondering if it would be better to forfeit my $4 off every month and switch to Public Points. Can someone outline the terms of Public Points and the pros and cons?

5 REPLIES 5

Kelvin_HellBoy

Don't do this. The Public Points program is a trap. If you do this, you will lost all your loyalty, autopay, referral. Also, you cannot earn any more of this reward on the future.

Be careful..

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You can search Community as this topic was discussed in great length.

I would not switch to Points but your decision might depend on your plan cost as you might get more reward value from most expensive plan. Might... 

Jlund

Nope. Don't do it. There are no pros. Points convert to much less in terms of dollars versus old rewards system.

@Jess121 wrote:

I currently receive $4 off my bill every month for loyalty and autopay. Although, I have heard about Public Points and am wondering if it would be better to forfeit my $4 off every month and switch to Public Points. Can someone outline the terms of Public Points and the pros and cons?

I strongly advise against switching.  The points program isn't anywhere as good.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jess121 

A quick answer to your question, don't look, don't think and just stay on the legacy system  

quick advise for anyone who consider changing:  If you are gone, you are gone.  That is a point of NO RETURN!!

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

Need Help? Let's chat.