cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Point?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If old customers switch to Public Point, do they lose current loyalty, autopay, referral reward? 

17 REPLIES 17

jim-page
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes you will lose your current loyalty perks. And there is no auto pay perk in the new program.

Hollinger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bww wrote:

Yes, it is one or the other. Don't lose your $reward. The point system is definitely worth it.

@bww  - do you mean "NOT" worth it?

@Rusty wrote:

Well it would have been nice if they immediately sent a follow up email letting users know that the email regarding "you've been switched" was sent in error, and to view such and such a link for more information. It worried me as well.

@Rusty - Yes, why wouldn't they send a follow up email!?  

That would have been much more of a credible move on PM's part.

But, alas, leave the confused and shocked members in question.🙄

bww
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, it is one or the other. Don't lose your $reward. The point system is definitely worth it.

@computergeek541 wrote:

For example, someone who has a 5 year loyalty reward receives $60 every 12 months, while this new points program will only pay an equivalent of $10 over the same time period.

Ah.. I noticed the devalued 5% reward against the previous $2 when on lower plans, especially my $15 plan... but slight devaluation of loyalty rewards I didn't notice before... so they've widdled away in a a couple places then...

And yeah, redeeming for "contests" seems a silly waste...

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well it would have been nice if they immediately sent a follow up email letting users know that the email regarding "you've been switched" was sent in error, and to view such and such a link for more information. It worried me as well.

imayuk

Ah thanks. That's what I was looking for. This forum is hard to navigate on the phone.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imayuk wrote:

Did anyone else receive an email saying 'thank you for switching to the public points', when you weren't even asked? I got the email out of the blue today, before I even received the email introducing the new point system. Got freaked out, logged in to my account. It 'seems' to be the old reward system, however looks like the reward section on the old account page has a new page and is under maintenance at the moment, so I can't say for sure. This is worrying me. I would be extremely upset if they switched me to points without my permission! 

You can disregard that, there's an announcement at the top of the community page about that being sent in error.

Edit: see linked announcement Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@imayuk wrote:

Did anyone else receive an email saying 'thank you for switching to the public points', when you weren't even asked? I got the email out of the blue today, before I even received the email introducing the new point system. Got freaked out, logged in to my account. It 'seems' to be the old reward system, however looks like the reward section on the old account page has a new page and is under maintenance at the moment, so I can't say for sure. This is worrying me. I would be extremely upset if they switched me to points without my permission! 

This was sent out to a many customers by mistake. No one has been switched over.

imayuk

Now, that this is on the homepage, I can say what I really think.  In comparision to the current rewards program, I find this new points program to be awful.  For current customers, I woudn't be surprised if if almost nobody switches.  I'm aware that in some cases, the new program can work out better for customer on the more expensive plans, but much of the time, customers willing to pay those higher amounts would simply sign up at Koodo, Virgin, Fido, etc. as the higher priced plans at Public Mobile are plain not competitive in my opinion.   Also, for customer who do end up switching to "points" and for new customers who automatically get put onto the new program, I strongly suggest using caution when using points to purchase contest entries. While this might provide some entertaintment, contests are set up so that most people don't win.  This means that on average, customers will spend more than the value of any prize and that in the long run, you'd be better off by keeping your points to and use them to pay for services rarther than to enter contests.

My recommendation for most customers is for them to stay on the current program and keep the existing autopay payment and loyalty rewards.  For example, someone who has a 5 year loyalty reward receives $60 every 12 months, while this new points program will only pay an equivalent of $10 over the same time period.

WoozyPolarBear

The switch to Public Points would only be worth it for $50 plans and higher, and if you are spending more than $50 at a 3rd tier carrier, you'd be better off at Koodo/Fido/Virgin anyway.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks I haven't been on community for long time so I don't earn community reward any more. I do have other rewards I want to keep.  

darkomega

the reward for lower-tier plans is very low and not worth the switch, you end up paying more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've been here a while...start reading :). Log in and check it all out. Don't click on the Join now button unless you mean to.

darkomega

Yes you lose it.

Need Help? Let's chat.