cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile plus patience

marypoppins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello , not a question really, but by reading many I have come to the realization that many of you have not thought about or did not realize that this is not a big player. This is a price / self service low cost alternative offering. You must be patient . Try to understand the basics of networks so you can understand that it takes a bit of time for all the other network piggybacking to sync . Many of the questions, are that they cannot seem to connect calls to friends or family on a different sometimes even the provider network . If you are trying to test the new service , please give it a bit of time and more likely than not , it will start working . Don't become frustrated ( i know it is hard ), just remember in the end when it starts working that you will be saving money. If that is your end goal, persevere, muck thru and use savings to buy a beer .!

3 REPLIES 3

marypoppins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, it seems to me people will make a decision based on their needs . If they need someone to talk to , i can understand that . Just the other day i had an issue , it was resolved but instead of a few minutes it was longer . I too would have liked someone to talk to even said so in my response to the service survey . However my needs while pressing , where not of corporate level requirements. So i lost a bit of time getting the issue fixed. It was less than a day , It suits my needs .Very recently I was quoted a 60 dollar connection fee which included the sim card . That turns out to be over a months worth of service for me with PM .  It depends on one's need . If PM can focus on price / service , i think there will always be those who can muddle thru rest. Thanks for the reply .

Lonetreejim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not anymore.  Now they are practically the same price as various plans on Lucky, Chatr, PC Mobile, Koodo, Fido and Virgin.  Customers have been willing to be patient, but I suspect attitudes are changing.

I signed with Lucky yesterday and had a question about how my activation date would be handled.  They have a number on their website, I called it, and had an answer in a few minutes.

I think the PM execs have written a check their customer service can’t cash.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @marypoppins yes, PM is a tier 3 carrier, it is more a like a no-frills carrier, yes, self-managed one with very basic service.  But best, it is prepaid, so no worry about getting charged for something you didn't expect

Need Help? Let's chat.