cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Updated me too the wrong plan!

Harm9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was topping up my account after it was expired, I wanted to go with the 6gb plan for $50 instead of the 2gb plan for $40. I went ahead and clicked "update my plan", the Public Mobile site asked me to pay for the 6gb $50 plan, After payment it shows Im back on my old 2gb plan for $40 and have a credit of $10 in my account !! 😡 Now when I go and try to update again, it wants me to pay for the full amout minus my "$10 credit". It says you may have this plan now or for next billing cycle ? I wanted the 6gb plan and authorized payment for only that!, and I got switched to a plan I didnt agree to pay for ! 

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Harm9 FYI please see here for more info on getting help from the moderator team:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

In particular, here's the info on response time:

How quickly should I expect a response from a  Community Moderator?

• During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Definitely not trying to troll or score brownie points so apologies if that’s how you took my post. I’ve had issues during setup before so I know how hard it can be to stay patient when you want to get them resolved. 

My comment in reply to your “hello?” post was meant to be reassurance that despite responses not being as quickly as we might like that the support team will get things fixed for you as soon as they can. 

Harm9

I respect the moderator team, I was told that they respond back within an hour. I was simply asking why I haven't got a response. After looking on the forum it seems when others like myself ask a simple question, you both commonly are there to try and score brownie points with the mods, please have some respect for the community, we are asking questions to seek help. We PAID for this service with hard earned money, so let our community have their concerns addressed troll free, I refuse to respond back to further  nonsense!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Wow, community users need to understand that the chances is that Public Mobile Support may work in a ticketing que process. They can not stay and wait on the email from a user. They answer the ticket and go on the next. And then go back and forth if needed. 

Am grateful for the Public Mobile Support when I needed them...be thankful for what they have done...worse situation, they could ignore the support ticket! Be thankful and good things will come your way!

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try to keep in mind that PM doesn’t offer “real time” support and do your best to be patient. The support team does a great job fixing issues when they arise just be aware it may take time due to the nature of the support setup for them to respond or complete a request. The trade off is better pricing which, IMO at least, is well worth it. 

Harm9

Hello?

Harm9

I have sent many now!

imm1304

Just send one more private message.  I guess Saray, the mod who helped you, quickly fixed the plan change and moved on to the next message after telling you here that its done.  

No worries though, just send a new private message and someone will look into this:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Harm9

I didnt reciece any thats why I continue talking here, thanks for the change of plan btw

imm1304

Reply to the private message you received from the mods and have them fix it.  

Harm9

How come I dont get my loyalty bonus and autopay? All I did was want to upgrade to a bigger plan, yet this kludgy process made me lose out on 3 dollars of credits this month 2 for the autopay and 1 for loyalty, hey... it buys you coffee and for a college student at that !

imm1304

Thank you @CS_Agent for the speedy resolution.

@Harm9, reboot your phone and enjoy your plan with more data.  Cheers.  

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there @Harm9

You sent us a message 13 minutes ago 🙂 we strive to answer all our customers within an hour, as stated in our post about how to contact Moderator

But don't worry! I have updated your plan to the one that you originally wanted. Just reboot your phone and you should be good to go!

Don't hesitate to send us a private message if you need anything else!

Saray 

Harm9

Why is it taking so long !!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Harm9!

I'm sorry about this issue with your plan! 

If you send us a private message with your phone number and PIN, we'll be happy to help you out with this 🙂 

Saray 

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

my freind @ari wose have this problom and hi do like @imm1304 says and its done fine

imm1304

Hey @Harm9,

Don't try to change the plan again by yourself.

Send a private message to the @CS_Agent by cicking here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Provide them your public mobile phone number and PIN and have them correct this error for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.