cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Province wide talk plan

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please suggest, If I have Provice wide calling plan, Does it mean that I should be able to call within province as long as Area code belongs to same provice ? For example Alberta has four area codes now: 403, 780, 587 and 825 so should I be able to call any of these numbers ? 

Should I consider that Province is LOCAL to me ? even if I travel within same province there is no problem with incoming and outgoing calling ? 

7 REPLIES 7

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What ever province you happen to be in, you can call within that province. Any calls outside that province are considered long distance. You can receive calls in any province. 

surreyboz

@computergeek541 wrote:

My understanding is that it doesn't matter which province you are in to receive calls and that it will still work without an add-on.

Your understanding is 100% Correct at this time. However At one point in Public Mobile's History you were not able to Receive incoming calls on a Province Calling plan when you were outside your home province

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tav wrote:

@Sharry19 wrote:

Please suggest, If I have Provice wide calling plan, Does it mean that I should be able to call within province as long as Area code belongs to same provice ? For example Alberta has four area codes now: 403, 780, 587 and 825 so should I be able to call any of these numbers ? 

Should I consider that Province is LOCAL to me ? even if I travel within same province there is no problem with incoming and outgoing calling ? 

Listed on the terms on the plans page:

"Province-Wide option includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A Long Distance Talk Add-On is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province."

Hope that helps.

Again with the bad, inconsistent wording from them. I agree with computergeek541...I think you can call all you want in the province you're in...not just the so-called "home" province.

To be in whatever province and calling a different province you'd need the add-on.

Keep in mind that if a new prefix comes up that the system may not know about it yet and tell you to call long distance or worse.

I know that they used the term home province because traditionally, long distance applied to receiving end if thw receiver was outside the number's local calling area.  And, it would make sense that the province of the phone number pretty much replaces that local calling area for calls can be answered on these plans.  Since Public Mobile still allows the calls to come through no matter which province you are travellimg through, I find the term "home province" meaningless.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tav wrote:

@Sharry19 wrote:

"Province-Wide option includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A Long Distance Talk Add-On is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province."

Hope that helps.

Again with the bad, inconsistent wording from them. I agree with computergeek541...I think you can call all you want in the province you're in...not just the so-called "home" province.

To be in whatever province and calling a different province you'd need the add-on.

Keep in mind that if a new prefix comes up that the system may not know about it yet and tell you to call long distance or worse.

Incoming is Canada-wide. Any long distance stuff would be up to the caller though. Even if you're standing next to the person in their province. (I think 🙂 )

My understanding is that it doesn't matter which province you are in to receive calls and that it will still work without an add-on.

paul5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes anywhere in that province

Tav

@Sharry19 wrote:

Hope that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.