cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Province wide calling

chanelrod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my plan today it includes province wide calling. I am unable to make a call to the next town over without a voice telling me it's long distance and my plan doesn't cover it. I tried using 1 before the number and I always use the area code. Does anyone have this same issue?

18 REPLIES 18

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chanelrod wrote:

I just activated my plan today it includes province wide calling. I am unable to make a call to the next town over without a voice telling me it's long distance and my plan doesn't cover it. I tried using 1 before the number and I always use the area code. Does anyone have this same issue?

@chanelrod ,

• Remove and insert your SIM card. Reboot.
  • Go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then back to regular mode.

@chanelrod wrote:

Yes I received the text 

@chanelrod can you now receive calls and texts?  If yes, then your port is complete.  Well then, contact the moderators using the links I posted above to fix this for you.

Please keep us updated.

RosieR

chanelrod

Yes I received the text 

@chanelrod wrote:

Sorry I misread. I just ported it this morning a few hours ago 

@chanelrod did you receive a text from your previous provider or Public Mobile to verify the port?  If not, put in the sim card from your previous provider to receive the text.  Please read

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If this procedure is not followed, your port might not proceed.

RosieR

@chanelrod as the above post suggest this might not be a porting problem, but with all the changes and glitches in the system, which PM is trying to fix, we want to cover all possible solution.

RosieR

chanelrod

Sorry I misread. I just ported it this morning a few hours ago 

chanelrod

Yes I did. Data and everything else seem fine. Texts and calls otherwise are fine 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chanelrod : Porting in usually only affects incoming until complete.

@chanelrod wrote:

I did bring over my old phone number from my previous carrier. Does this affect it? The town is in my province. 

@chanelrod When did you port your number?  Did you port your number during activation? Can you receive calls and texts?  Data ok?

Porting should be complete in a few hours.  If not porting could have failed.

RosieR

chanelrod

Thank you!

chanelrod

I did bring over my old phone number from my previous carrier. Does this affect it? The town is in my province. 

chanelrod

No I'm on a$50 plan. I just tried restarting the phone -no luck

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@chanelrod wrote:

Hi @chanelrod welcome to Public Mobile.

If you just activated your plan today, did you port your number from another provider?  If so, use your old sim card for now, while porting is not yet complete.

If you did not port in a number, as already mentioned able, the province-wide calling plans is new so it may be a glitch or your account was not provisioned properly.  Contact the Moderator_Team to fix this for you.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Please keep us updated.

RosieR

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@chanelrod 

Just to confirm that you are in the same province as the destination number. The calls are included for the province you are in at the time no matter where your number is from. If that's the case and you still have minutes please contact moderators by sending private message to Moderator_Team.

If you happen to be in different province you can call only to that province. You can either get 500 minutes for $5 (they don't expire) or you can use your incoming minutes and free Fongo to connect your phone. If it's frequently called number you could even forward fongo calls to it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chanelrod : Which twigs another thought. It's not only geographic proximity. It's primarily whether the area code of called numbers is from the province of the tower you're connected to.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@chanelrod 

Were you porting (or in the process of porting) a number from another provider?

Would suggest actions by @Anonymous & recommendation by @will13am in prior post.

Also, although it may be presumed, are you calling a nearby town within the same province in which you're calling from?   There will likely be a learning curve for PM customers on the newer Province-wide calling schemes given before this folks only had to be concerned whether they were within Canada's borders when making calls, and not Provincial borders.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chanelrod , if your account is showing that you still have available minutes and the call is not going through, you should initiate a support ticket to have the account checked out.  Just click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner and follow the prompts.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chanelrod : Are you on the $15 plan? If so you might be out of minutes. But there might be some initial roll-out problems with these plans too. Did you restart your phone after activation?

Need Help? Let's chat.