cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account recovery (invalid security answer)

gsek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We set up a new account for my mom's phone & got her on first month (paid once) + one month free. Last weekend, the plan expired while we were out of town. Now, we can not log back into the account with the saved credentials on file at home. Every time we choose to recover/reset the credentials (email to my alternate mailbox, which is what I used to set up the account), we get the SAME security question every time; the answer we have on file (saved when setting up) for that ALSO doesn't work, and it never asks a different question (other sites will often let you flip to a different question, but not here).

How do we recover access to the account? I don't want to have to visit a top-up/voucher location each month, as we didn't yet set up auto-pay (to make sure we got that free month).

2 REPLIES 2

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@gsek 

It's regrettable you didn't set up auto-pay.

The "free month" would still have occurred WITH auto-pay enabled.  Public Mobile just wouldn't have debited the card + you would have gained a $2.00 per month auto-pay reward.

SO, you'll need to top-up the account by adding funds to then reactivate, which you can do either through your self-serve (wait for moderator to get you access), or by using *611 to make a manual voucher payment.  Payment vouchers are available at most mobile shops, also Walmart, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs.

Once you have regained access to the self-serve, please register a payment card to the account so you'll benefit from the auto-pay discount.   Having a payment card registered will also allow you to make manual payments through *611 without needing to access self-serve.   You'll just need the account PIN number to do so.

Good luck!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

You could either setup autopay with a credit card or Visa debit.  Another option would be to manually make a manual payment so the account has an outstanding balance to cover the payment amount.

Need Help? Let's chat.