cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Plan Questions($120, 12GB, 3 months)

bsu1104
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since it's a province-wide plan, I assume as soon as I am outside of the province (BC), call/text/data/voice mail will not work?

what happens after the 90-day period? Does the plan get refreshed every 3 months? or on a monthly basis?

I am currently with Chatr $25/m unlimited provide-wide talk-and-text plan, which i assume will roam just fine outside of province.

I also have Fido 3GB LTE data-only plan for $15/month, which is Canada-wide I believe.

Not sure what advantage this promotion plan has over my current setup other than 1GB additional data, which I likely won't need but nice to have just in case.

17 REPLIES 17

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@THEAVS wrote:

Call/text/data/voicemaill will all work if you are out of province. The only thing that will not work is if you try to make an outgoing call to an out of province number. If you are on the 90 day plan, your plan will auto renew after the 90 days. 

Voicemail?  Never thought of that when out of province. Can you please give further details on how to get VM out-of-prov to a non PM customer

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was close to choose that plan but unfortunately it's a wierd typo*. 

You have to take in consideration the fact that if you leave your Province you must buy an LD-ADD in order people to call you. Otherwise they cannot call you if you don't have this long distance add also.

Note: When someone it's calling you while you're out of Province you will get charge per/minute

imcphers

If you are seriosly considering moving - order a SIM now and then wait for the Roaming update.

bsu1104

interesting, i guess i will wait it out until the last day of promotion period and hope more details will be revealed before then.

imcphers

Read this roaming update - we don't know the full details of the offer yet.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Guess-What-Hint-We-had-to-update-our-Ter...

It is not $8.00 per month for LD add on - it is $8.00 for 200 minutes - you only pay $8.00 when you run out and these minutes don't expire.

bsu1104

Hi A10A, if data works the same way, i guess the difference comes down to calling.

Chatr allows u to call when u are outside of provide without additional add-on (i think), of course roaming rates apply, but the chance of going over $8 dollar is slim since i try to call using fido data when i am not in chatr zone.

PM rollover LD add-on is attractive, but at an additional $8/m........

hmm........tough decision

bsu1104

wow, didn't know rollover plan still exist!

A10A

You can get add ons to your plan if you step outside of the province. Yes the plan does refresh every 3 months rather than monthly basis, so you pay your phone bill only 4 times during the year. PM has a very reliable network in comparison to some other carriers who offer similar plans.

EdZeg

One other thing to know is that you can add a Canada & USA Long IDstance Add-On.

You'll get 200 minutes for $8 (or $400 minutes for $15).

These minutes Do Not Expire, so the add onn will orollover until you use them up. Then you're golden!

bsu1104

Thanks Luddite, that clears things up, not able to receive calls when outside of provide is no good, since i do travel to washington regularly.

bsu1104

Hi EdZeg, that's true, i didn't mention that because I haven't encounter situations where I am out of the zone yet, but no zone restriction is definetely better.

Here's the scoop on what is/not covered in provincial calling: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

Also, although not 100% sure, texting will only function in your home province without the LD add-on. Data works everywhere in Canada.

We are not PM's sales staff!! So, you have to convince yourself to switch, or not. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

EdZeg

One other thing to note with Chatr... Zones.

Those Out of Zone usage fees...

http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/payperuse

bsu1104

Hi imcphers, you are right, missed that one, although i use messenger or whatsapp 99% of the time.

bsu1104

Hi Theavs, thanks for the reply; will there be additional charges when I am using the service outside of the provide?

imcphers

From the Chatr webpage it looks like you only get 100 outgoing Text messages in the plan vs unlimted

INCLUDES

• Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • 100 Texts to Canada, US & International
  • International Talk Saver
  • Voicemail

THEAVS

Call/text/data/voicemaill will all work if you are out of province. The only thing that will not work is if you try to make an outgoing call to an out of province number. If you are on the 90 day plan, your plan will auto renew after the 90 days. 

Need Help? Let's chat.