cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Calling

JoanofArt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I rarely use my phone, but today when I tried calling my daughter's cell, it said I had used up all my minutes.    I am on the $15/month plan that says unlimited, but Apparently has only 100 minutes OUTGOING calls. (according to this Help Community)     However...since the beginning of April I have only USED fewer than 50 outgoing minutes....and This is COUNTING the minutes that I didn't CALL anyone but is apparently the Public Mobile voicemail number calling from my phone or some such thing.  

I have tried re-booting my phone, removing and re-seating the SIM card, and checking for updates as suggested elsewhere in this Community.  I am at a loss.  The phone does me no good if I cannot even access it for the safety purpose for which I own it.  

Can a

12 REPLIES 12

@JoanofArt  Yay we happy it all worked out for you 🙂

JoanofArt

Thanks so much ALL!  I re-set my Network and all seems fine. I appreciate all the help, AND I learned some new things.   I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. 🙂 

@JoanofArt  According to that screen shot your on the $25 plan so you should have unlimited incoming and out going mins and unlimited text and 1GB of data . You don’t need any add on that’s for sure . Try resetting network settings . Or can your try SIM card in another phone and test 

Adding also check @JoanofArt 

Outage map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

@JoanofArt 

those calls end from 4001 are all voicemail, not necessary mean  you called VM

in fact, people called you, the system tried to find you and cannot , since your phone is off, so the calls got routed to the VM, it became "outgoing" , at least it is recoarded it that way

No worry, your account not compromised or anything, just how the usage log shows the calls routed to VM. And it does not cause you anything too.  You got unlimited incoming/outgoing with your plan (Even those on $15 plans with limited minutes, that routed VM calls won't got counted as well)

JoanofArt

Also....My phone has been TURNED OFF for the whole month of July until today.....Since I am not sure HOW I could  call voicemail with a turned off phone, Why would these "Calls" be charged to my account? Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 10.03.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-19 at 10.11.03 PM.png

To be picky, it's per paid 30 days, not per month. Yes, that counter will reset at the next renewal. The add-on mentioned will stay on the account until all used up. It's a great add-on for limited minute plans.

@JoanofArt  using Incognio mode is to make sure you get the correct info from the server, you can also click the spinner at the bottom of each section to refresh

Yes, $15 plans ONLY comes with 100 outgoing minutes, but incoming are free

if you used up the 100 mins, you will have to buy 500 Canada wide minute for $5 to continue making outgoing calls. The addon will be roll out to next cycle if not fully used until it is all used up

@JoanofArt  Incognito is private browser . Opening a new window . You can also try using the app also 

JoanofArt

I am receiving calls, yes.   I have logged into My Account, but How do I check usage using Incognito mode?      Also, isn't the 100 minutes PER MONTH?  Or is it like an add-on where its cumulative and when it's gone it needs to be replenished? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Try adding a 1 in front of the number if not already. Are you able to login to your account in the new system? Check there for actual minutes used. Be aware that minutes round up. Calling voicemail to check it uses minutes. People calling that ends up in voicemail should not.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JoanofArt 

you receive incoming calls without problem?

First check how much minutes left according to PM's record.  Login to My Account using Incognito mode and check the overview page, it will show you how many minutes left out of the 100 Outoging minutes

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JoanofArt  The $15 plan has unlimited incoming calls and only 100 out going calls .and yes calling voicemail for 2 seconds counts as a 1min against your 100 outgoing .check usage like this 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1689817730203.jpeg

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.