cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with receiving bank's code from Europe (Poland)

MariuszK2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I moved to Canada, but I have Poland's bank account and bills to pay. Since the beginning of December (after ~2 years), I have stopped receiving the codes to authorize the banking transfers. Text messages are going out from the bank (I have checked that by calling them) but I'm not receiving them at my end. I can receive other text messages except this.

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MariuszK2 wrote:

Hello. I moved to Canada, but I have Poland's bank account and bills to pay. Since the beginning of December (after ~2 years), I have stopped receiving the codes to authorize the banking transfers. Text messages are going out from the bank (I have checked that by calling them) but I'm not receiving them at my end. I can receive other text messages except this.

@MariuszK2  - So you used to receive them, but no you are not.

Can you check if you accidentally blocked that contact/short code in your contacts/messages app?

Maybe try putting your SIM card into another compatible Public Mobile phone and see if you receive the message this way.

@0PX9O4   Most the time,  bank does not treat VoIP number differently.  They use short code to send the authentication code and it is an issue whether the VoIP provider can receive the short code.  

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes but the larger issue in my experience is not whether the VoIP service will allow text messages from short codes, but whether the bank will allow the sending of verification texts to a VoIP number.

So yes, the VoIP option may or may not work for you.

@0PX9O4   has a  good point about getting a Polish number from online phone services.  However, please check before you join.  For example, Fongo  will give out Canadian phone numbers but it won't be able to receive most the short codes or system generated text.    So, make sure you confirm you can receive the text from your Polish bank before you choose the service.

0PX9O4

@MariuszK2To help brainstorm other options, I want to point out that there are online phone services that will give you a Polish phone number to use exclusively, and you will also be able to receive SMS on that number. It may be a better option than trying to receive SMS on your Canadian number from Poland.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MariuszK2   SMS message sent by system  is not guarantee to be able to send internationally.  I understand you have been getting it for 2 years, but situation like this is likely there are system change on the sender side.   For international text, only those send by actually users are more guarantee.. but system generated text are really hit and miss.  I suggest you contact the bank and use other mean of authentication, like actually calls or email or Authenticator app. 

You can also contact PM to confirm, but very likely the text is not even reaching PM system and hence there likely nothing PM can help.

0PX9O4

That's weird that it stopped working abruptly, and it might be difficult to troubleshoot. But maybe you can try by sending an agent a private message to ask if any changes have happened recently at PM's/Telus' end: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MariuszK2 

Have you been with pm this whole time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MariuszK2 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on...

or if you can't fix it you can try to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent

Spoiler
  • send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.