cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with oukitel c33

joshbg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought an oukitel c33 and it's not working when I try to make calls, after attempting to make a call it says network busy. And if somebody tries to call me the calling never get through. I already reboot my cellphone, put in airplane mode. Also I tried to put in 3G/2G only but it only shows the Roger's network not PM. I'm 4G Im able to have sms, and data but not voice. 

I checked online and apparently my device is compatible with PM network. So I don't know if is anything I can do to have the service.

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

@Joceof86 

my research shows it has the required 3G but not 4G

3G: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

4G:  1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 40

and PM needs these bands;

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

Surprisingly the site shows nothing about band spec

https://oukitel.com/pages/oukitel-c33

Joceof86

Just Rogers 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@joshbg - as per https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/oukitel-c33 is it accurate?

esjliv_0-1690157445261.png

What mobile networks do you have available in this phone? If you manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY does voice work?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@joshbg 

Your Oukitel C33 is not compatible with PM. Your phone works on 900 and 2100 MHz on 3G and 800/850/900/1800/2100 and 2600 MHz on 4G/LTE.

PM operates on 850 and 1900MHz on 3G and 700/1700 and 2100 MHz on 4G/LTE.

You need at least 2 frequencies on 3G and 4G to operate.

I hope you can return it for a refund.

@joshbg 

This phone does not look like it supports 3G bands for talk.  Public mobile uses 850, 1900 3G band for talk.  This phone is unlikely to be supported with VoLTE service by Public mobile. 

joshbg

It has two slots, I have a sim card from another country that use Rogers network, and it works for making calls. But not with PM sim card.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@joshbg - do you have a Rogers sim card inside? Or, do you have 2 sim slots? Try the public mobile sim card in the other one.

Need Help? Let's chat.