cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in resetting Password

mpskahlon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I believe my credentials are expired as I have not logged into my account for long time and my credit card number just got changed. So now I cannot able to log in, or reset my password. Please help me add funds to my account at the earliest as my phone is not working.

17 REPLIES 17

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@mpskahlon 

Phew....I'm happy to hear your account is only suspended. Were you able to contact customer support to login to your self serve account and update your payment card? To help prevent this issue from recurring and/or make it easier to resolve here are a few suggestions....

• Keep a copy of your login credentials and 4 digit account PIN # in a safe and secure place for future reference.
  • If possible use a laptop or desktop computer for login. To reset your password via your email you can only use pc otherwise reset it via an SMS text 2FA code sent to your phone.
  • Personally I keep the login 2FA verification disabled. This can be disabled on your profile page in your self serve account. This is up to you to decide?
  • Familiarize yourself with the alternative methods of payment that pm offers by reading the linked thread I posted earlier in this thread. The additional links in that post contain info and "how-to's" that are easy to follow and can quickly resolve suspended service issues if customer support is unavailable or slow due to a system issue backing up support tickers beyond the usual wait times.
  • If you have other questions or want to learn a "few tricks of the trade" to better manage your pm account and sevices pop into the community every once in awhile when you have some spare time. We are always happy to help!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

no surprise. people misses post here and there

and all replies are good replies.  (Bad and duplicated one will be taken care by the system and Oracles).   I see every Community member put in their best to help.  Great Community, isn't it?

I'm surprised no one has given you their usual stock reply. Click on the chatbot simon link at the bottom and then fiddle your way to the submit a ticket link and then after using your community login then choose the pin option if you know your 4 digit account pin. It seems to work better than the account login method. Otherwise you'll need to send a private message to CS_Agent.

mpskahlon

Please let me know how to reach to an admin to resolve the account issue

Ok so the account is still alive, just suspended. You could buy vouchers online or in lots of stores and dial that number to enter the voucher in. Or go to a few stores to use the real time payments method. Then the service should restart and you can take your time regaining access to the account to change the card.

mpskahlon

Okay now I tried calling using other phone and it says "your service is  temporarily suspended". I still need to access my account to update the payment information as my CC is changed

Did you call that number from another phone?

mpskahlon

how to reach to support?

mpskahlon

@maximum_gato 

I tried calling the 1 855 4PUBLIC, but I got a message "Its Public mobile your call cannot be completed as dialed". There is no prompt for entering your phone number. Please let me know if there is any PM customer service member can fix this...I am getting frustrated now

@mpskahlon it should be able to reactivate.

But again, you should open ticket with PM suppoet as suggested above if you really unable to reset password 

There is a chance PM will not reply until tomorrow, but open ticket now.  Let me know how it goes

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@mpskahlon 

Call 611 from your phone or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number for your account info. Has your credit card expired yet ? Or it has to be replaced by the end of April? If the one on file is still valid tpyou can make a payment via the 611/IVR system if you know your 4 digit account PIN #. Otherwise make a voucher payment using the link I posted previously on where to purchase vouchers.

mpskahlon

My account was working so far, I just received the text message to update my payment information. Please help me to check if the account can be reactivated or what is the status of my account is?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@mpskahlon 

You used a laptop or desktop computer using your original login credentials? Is your service active? Confirm by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone #. Do you get account details or can your phone # not be found? The latter means your account has been deactivated. If your account still exists and you need to reactivate ASAP then purchase a voucher and load it via 611.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

@mpskahlon   please open ticket with support and they can sort it out for you

mpskahlon

@softech I have tried all the options but still it does not reset my password....I have done multiple times, using computer, phone, tablet and using different browsers...but no luck. My card is changed recently so the payment cannot be made until I go in and update my information.

@mpskahlon wrote:

Hi,

I believe my credentials are expired as I have not logged into my account for long time and my credit card number just got changed. So now I cannot able to log in, or reset my password. Please help me add funds to my account at the earliest as my phone is not working.

Has you service been working this whole time until now? If an account has been suspended for 90 days, the account would be closed.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mpskahlon   is your PM service working?

when was the last time you paid?    If your account was suspended for non-payment for over 90 days, then, yes, account couple have been closed.  But if it is less than that , then it is just a password issue and you can try reset it

First try to use the Reset Password link there on the login page (or direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/forgot-password) enter any possible email addresses you could have used and see if it works

If you are unable to self reset the password, PM support will be able to help

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.