cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem activating account / credit card

Blunozr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made my way through the activation process several times on different devices and adhering to suggestions from the community but am unable to activate my SIM as the message says my credit card information in wrong.  I checked with my credit card company and they note every attempt was approved for Public Mobile with a charge of $0.  They insist the issue is not on their end and are happy to approved the transaction.  

How can I get this issue resolved AND have the block on my credit card lifted?

7 REPLIES 7

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Blunozr wrote:

I made my way through the activation process several times on different devices and adhering to suggestions from the community but am unable to activate my SIM as the message says my credit card information in wrong.  I checked with my credit card company and they note every attempt was approved for Public Mobile with a charge of $0.  They insist the issue is not on their end and are happy to approved the transaction.  

Contact the moderators to solve your issue. Sounds like you already did your due diligence in trying other devices and calling your credit card company. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Blunozr wrote:

@Blunozr  If you're having trouble registering or updating your credit card, here are a few tips you can try: 

1. Make sure JavaScript and cookies are enabled
    2. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    3. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

Hope this helps!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Blunozr Try after an hour or two again through "clean" browser with incognito mode. If the issue still exists, then contact moderators by clicking on ? on bottom right side of the page and follow directions.

@Blunozr 

Ok what's been missed....clear your browser and then reboot your device. Use secret/incognito mode in chrome, Firefox or safari. Follow all the other advice and USE ALL CAPS if necessary.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Blunozr wait about an hour and try again. switch your browser to private/incognito mode. Your credit/debit card details must match your bank/credit details exactly eg. your name(you can check this by looking at a bank statement or online banking) - this is essential for this to work. Put your middle name/initials in your last name box before your last name. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Blunozr  PM may have blocked tour credit card for too many attempts. Use this private message link to contact the moderators ( PM customer service here) directly  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain what happened and ask them to activate your SIM for you. 

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing allows the process to continue.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

In the meantime wait 1 hour from last attempt,  clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate Your SIM. See article on activating 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up 

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Need Help? Let's chat.