cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Activating

msheaff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am trying to activate the PM SIM card. But when it gets to porting my number from Telus, it just spins for a while before saying that something went wrong, please open a ticket.

Help please!

Regards,

Michael

7 REPLIES 7

HI @club77661   No need to Google, I wiill send you the number.  Check the envelope icon hTideGnow_1-1626022389479.png

club77661
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same thing happened to me. Chat with the SIMon bot. Type in "activation" it'll give you an option for activation not working. Then select transfer phone number. After that select "Contact us" That will allow you to make a ticket. Make the ticket and then someone can manually port your number for you and select the plan you need. For me it took about 15 minutes for them to respond to my ticket but it can also take up to 48 hours.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@msheaff  - we are customers and members like you here on the forum.

Did you enter your payment details at any point?

If not, and you are still having issues try to use this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

If you did enter your payment details at one point, try your PM SIM card into your phone and see if you have any services? Do a restart of the device, and a reset of the network settings.

If still no services but you were charged contact Public Mobile CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I would suggest to establish PM service first, picking temp number.

Then when everything works as expected do your porting.

If you are getting some error messages, try using different browser or Reset network connections.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

First check if you were charged for your activation/port.  

If you were charged, leave your Telus SIM card in your phone to see whether you will receive your port  confirmation request.  Sometimes the port will still continue.  

If you were not charged, then you can try again.  Maybe try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  For porting information needed from Telus, you will need your Telus account number, phone number and account holder name.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @msheaff check with PM CS Agent first in case PM charged you already.  Open ticket with direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@msheaff 

Try calling the porting assistance number I'll private message you.

Need Help? Let's chat.