cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private message - No longer multiple recipients?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI All,

Just want to confirm if it is a settings or if it is no longer able to.

We can now no longer send to multiple recipients?

11 REPLIES 11

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr wrote:

@hTideGnow     Interesting change... but yeah, definitely sounds like this is PM's response to stop those mass spam  messages being sent to other customers with one click.   Now those spammers will have to spend a lot more time sending their spam, so on the whole think it's a good change.   Of course, a little inconvenient for users who were using this feature for legitimate purposes...

Yes appreciate the fact that Public Mobile heard our concerns regarding spam and is trying to do something about it.  And I agree it is a little inconvenient for somebody who actually does need to send private messages to multiple recipients for legitimate purposes.  I still stand behind my suggestion of restricting members who are not Public Mobile customers to being able to send private messages to Customer Service of Public Mobile only and not to others as the best way to stop spam.  🙂  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Nice catch! This will definitely put a wrench in any spammers plans and come to think of it there hasn't been any mass spamming since pm launched the new forum! I would have to say this is probably the best improvement in the whole community. Really when you think about it how many members really need to send multiple messages....legitimately?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@hTideGnow    Yes, of course, there's always a downside to any changes...maybe provide feedback to Jade_S so that, perhaps, they can slightly tweak it?   However, I doubt they'll do anything further now, but yep definitely inconvenient for non spammers...

HI @dabr  the de-spam idea  makes sense!!!!

But, it's not good for someone who actually needs that.  I sometimes like to reply to 2 or 3 CS Agents directly (as the ticket was picked up by different agents as it progress)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow     Interesting change... but yeah, definitely sounds like this is PM's response to stop those mass spam  messages being sent to other customers with one click.   Now those spammers will have to spend a lot more time sending their spam, so on the whole think it's a good change.   Of course, a little inconvenient for users who were using this feature for legitimate purposes...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : It's not certain that the above user knew that we could do multiple recipients before. Otherwise why would they have bothered posting that. I used to send to multiples on occasion so it's interesting that you came across this change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow 

Private Message not allowed to send to multiple name...only one name by one Private Message.

enjoy your service...

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow 

Sorry about that, you're right, it won't send.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Sorry, it can't be done. I just tried to send a message to multiple people at once and it won't allow it to be done. I tried it a couple of ways.  Must be set up that way to discourage sending spam messages.

IHi @0PX9O4   did you actually send the message?

I can add them, but when I click Send:   I got this : 

hTideGnow_0-1642092115553.png

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow 

I'm able to send to multiple recipients.

Need Help? Let's chat.