cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices going up

sahands
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Got a text message from PM telling me my plan price is going up next month. With high gas prices, inflation, and general increase in living costs, this was not good news, but I guess I understand it since Telus only managed to made $4.9 billion in the fourth quarter of 2021, this was a just a tiny increase of $410 million from the year before. Does Telus have a gofindme that we can pitch into?

9 REPLIES 9

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Nobody likes price increases.  With the $3 price increase for the $10 plans, there are the loyalty (max $5/month) and autopay ($2/month) rewards which will reduce the $13 price to $6/month for a basic line after five years with Public mobile.  Still a reasonable price.  $3/month would be better, but would that be sustainable for a mobile company long term?

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't bother complaining here, you'll only find complacency.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@sahands wrote:

... I guess I understand it since Telus only managed to made $4.9 billion in the fourth quarter of 2021 ...

Hey! Investors, executives, and managerials gotta eat, y'know. And they've got much higher living expenses than most people - mortgaging that third house and making payments on both the new BMW and the new monster truck all adds up.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sahands  - if you are not on the grandfathered $10 plan then it appears some people received this communication in error.

Or, if you are on the $10 plan, yes, apparently that is going up to $13.

Or, if you got a different notification, please share, maybe others will be impacted too!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sahands 

I'm working on something.....once it's organized I will private message you the details to make your voice known.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What plan was it? Was it the $10 plan? Yes, that plan would be going up by $3 end of April.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Indeed @sahands 

PM appears to be nudging is loyal customers into higher rate plans by making the $10 plan pricing not much more desirable than their $15 plan. 

It's a low blow. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Your $10 plan?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sahands   was it a increase from $10 to $13?

Need Help? Let's chat.