cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent pocket dial

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To prevent pocket dialling, clear dialled calls and missed calls, this way there are no numbers available to pocket dial on your phone 

21 REPLIES 21

ileefarrell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Samsung Accidental Touch Protection is available on all newest Samsung devices, yes S21 is included. 

In order to enable: Settings > Display > Toggle on Accidental Touch Protection.

@hTideGnow 

Glad I can help!

I am more of a iPhone person and know most of the settings but Android phone have more option settings.

T--T
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

knowledge from PM Mayor

------------------------------------------------

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

if your data not working well do some troubleshoot

Spoiler
and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

if you getting new number or you Transfer your old number to public mobile, if so

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

@BKNS27 wrote:

@hTideGnow 

From the Samsung website, the touch screen is disabled if the phone is in a dark place like your pocket or purse.

Thanks @BKNS27   again.  I have been using Samsung and never aware such option.  🙂

pkaraa

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

To prevent pocket dialling, clear dialled calls and missed calls, this way there are no numbers available to pocket dial on your phone 

In that case clear incoming calls as well and make sure you have no speed dials assigned. 

OR Get a folio cover and get a relief.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe this thread is still here.

@0PX9O4 

It has been working for me but it is good to know that ghost touches may occur.

@hTideGnow 

From the Samsung website, the touch screen is disabled if the phone is in a dark place like your pocket or purse.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@fdrcamb519 

If you have a Samsung phone, you can enable Accidental Touch Protection.

If you have any touchscreen phone made in the last decade, you can enable the screen lock PIN/pattern/code.

You can also use a phone case. A real case which has to somehow be opened to use the phone, not a flimsy little plastic decoration which just covers the back.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@hTideGnow 

I have the S8 and S9 with the setting. Check Settings>Display>Accidental Touch Prevention.

I don’t know if the S21 have this feature.

thanks @BKNS27   do you know how does this work?  like we have to press the send button harder and longer?

@hTideGnow 

I have the S8 and S9 with the setting. Check Settings>Display>Accidental Touch Prevention.

I don’t know if the S21 have this feature.

0PX9O4

@hTideGnow wrote:

@0PX9O4 wrote:

I'm shocked and outraged that a good company like PM neglects to provide pocket-free clothes to solve this pocket-dialling problem once and for all.

HI @0PX9O4   It is coming to PM, part of the 6G implementation.  🙂

Yes I've heard the rumours about PM's plans to implement 5G by 3012 and 6G by the year 3022. I, for one, can't wait!

PS: Did April 1st come early this year?

0PX9O4

@BKNS27 

I have had that feature enabled for nearly a year on my phone and can confirm it does not eliminate ghost touches while my phone is in my pocket. This often annoys me by pausing or skipping the playback of podcasts on my bluetooth headphones while my phone is in the pocket. I've confirmed that the problem occurs even if I switch to wired headphones so it has to be caused by ghost touches and not something with my bluetooth headset.

Fortunately a lock screen is enough to prevent actually dialling out accidentally.

@0PX9O4 wrote:

I'm shocked and outraged that a good company like PM neglects to provide pocket-free clothes to solve this pocket-dialling problem once and for all.

HI @0PX9O4   It is coming to PM, part of the 6G implementation.  🙂

@BKNS27 wrote:

@fdrcamb519 

HI @BKNS27   Which Samsung models have that?  the latest one like S21? or older one as well?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 

0PX9O4

0PX9O4

To prevent pocket dialling, wear clothes without pockets.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519  - has this happened much to you?

I'm sorry Public Mobile does not offer that service.

🤣

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fdrcamb519   Yes, pocket dial is pretty embarrassing sometimes. LoL

Need Help? Let's chat.