cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressing numbers on iPhone 11 when I make calls does not work

skriza
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So whenever I call a company and it says press 1 for English or to press 2 for operator etc it does not work. It says they did not get my selection. This keeps happening so now I can’t talk to anyone using the press a number feature. How can I fix this? I am using iPhone 11. No ones system can read what number I type in to get help etc.

13 REPLIES 13

fx50fh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hard reset always helps 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : I never do. Mine's on a UPS too. It hasn't been reset for about a year now. Prior modems either. Almost never been left wondering what a problem was to resort to rebooting it. YMMV.

@Anonymous 

If one is part of a large group of users with many different Wi-Fi platforms running simultaneously, it can help to 'reset' router/modem settings. 

Powering off the whole system is the easiest way to do this.

I'm guessing it's somewhat similar to what 'resetting network connections' does with mobile devices. (perhaps @Nezgar can provide greater insight on this?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : I never do. Mine's on a UPS too. It hasn't been reset for about a year now. Prior modems either. Almost never been left wondering what a problem was to resort to rebooting it. YMMV.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Anonymous 

If you mean turning off the power to your internet/Wi-Fi modem, then yes, that should absolutely be done routinely.  (not necessarily weekly, probably monthly)

An even more thorough 'reset' can take place with one's ISP if users are having Wi-Fi connectivity or broadband issues.

Good suggestion @Anonymous.

@HALIMACS 

internet router modem building with Wi-Fi it's a one device,
actually i do every 3 week much better to refreshing network,

@Anonymous 

If you mean turning off the power to your internet/Wi-Fi modem, then yes, that should absolutely be done routinely.  (not necessarily weekly, probably monthly)

An even more thorough 'reset' can take place with one's ISP if users are having Wi-Fi connectivity or broadband issues.

Good suggestion @Anonymous.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@skriza 

Awesome to hear!

Would recommend completely shutting down then restarting all laptop / computer / mobile devices about once every week or two.

@HALIMACS @skriza 

and you miss it for home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

enjoyed...

PRICELESS..!!

😂😂🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

@skriza 

Awesome to hear!

Would recommend completely shutting down then restarting all laptop / computer / mobile devices about once every week or two.

@HALIMACS @skriza 

and you miss it for home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

enjoyed...

@skriza 

Awesome to hear!

skriza
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hard reset on phone worked! Thanks so much to all who replied. I had updated iPhone 11 recently and had not done a hard reset! All is working now!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skriza 

try to call *611

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@skriza 

Odd... but you can dial the numbers when calling?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skriza 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account status active or !!

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Have you recently made any software updates to your phone ?

Need Help? Let's chat.