cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get a refund if I haven't got the service?

alvaro1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So... I haven't been waiting as long as other as I read, but I really disagree with PM taking my money and not receiving any service. Does anyone know what are the procedures to cancel payment/claim money back?

Thanks

54 REPLIES 54

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Actually they've given refunds many times, I've personally witnessed it. It's decided case by case. Unfortunately as you know the wait times are terrible lately, they are getting a little better.

nyall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Crowd wrote:

Short answer: no

Long answer: maybe, but probably no. The TOS that you accepted when signing up for PM states that you cannot receive a refund. If you issue a chargeback with your credit card issuer/bank, it is not guaranteed that they will process it in your favour.

As far as I know, charge backs shouldn't be taken lightly. 

Yup, you're basically in a lose-lose situation with Public Mobile should an error, that's pretty common judging by this forum, occur

Crowd

Short answer: no

Long answer: You could, but the TOS that you accepted when signing up for PM states that you cannot receive a refund. If you issue a chargeback with your credit card issuer/bank, it is not guaranteed that they will process it in your favour. But you could always try. Sounds like a huge pain in the ass though

As far as I know, charge backs shouldn't be taken lightly. 

Can we stop the bullying and nitpicking in this thread?  The original poster must be pulling their hair out with nothing relavent to their post being posted.

nyall

Be happy you were only chagred once. My card was charged 4 times, following 4 failled attempts to activate an account, each time the website indicated that I would not be charged. This was on the 27th of October, mind you.

On the 29th of November, weeks after I initally contacted a moderatoer asking for assisstance about my money, a moderator finally responded by opening an account for me even though I had never asked her to, especially not one month after the site had failed me and I had given up on this company due ot their horrible customer service. What's worse, remember how I told you that she had activated the account, I found my credit card and all my information in the payment section and it had been used for the activation of my account on the 29th of November. Why was my credit card information was kept on file for over a month even though I had never to that point opened any account with Public Mobile? Why wasn't this information encrypted and was so easily able to be accessed and re-used for another account? This was my reply to these questions: 

So accoriding to her, none of the payments were charged yet one of the declined payments for some reason was able to successfully fund the activation of an account. No new charges or pending authorizations have appeared on my card statement for yesterday or today, and I called my bank and nothing new has been charged since the initial charges on Ocotober 27th. 

This copmpany has held on to my funds after saying it wouldn't, and held on to not only my personal but credit card information even though I had never opened an account with them, for over a month, It's been an absolutely horrible experience. I just want my money back and given with the rate these moderators operate at a 60 to 90 day wait for a chargeback, will probably be the faster option.

Rockdaddy22
@magical 🤐

Rockdaddy22
Exactly takes a long time sometimes, so your better just getting a refund here. Even if it takes months, but of course it's your right.

Zero service company lol except for the hundreds of thousands who have service.
Come back tomorrow morning, hopefully we can get it fixed then.

oldman

Shows you what you know. I've done it and it is easy but it takes time.

magical

public mobile is a zero service company, we forgo phone support, for no support.

some people have lucked out and had some support. most, are here very frustrated after doing what you are told to and getting nowhere, I am one of them.

I feel for you... I'm sick of the people saying you knew what you were getting into before you signed up. I never knew when signing up for public mobile I was forgoing all support...

Rockdaddy22
Because if you had you'd know they're not that easy, simple. Maybe they should contact me

oldman

Rockdaddy, how the hell would you know what I've done or haven't done?

I'm saying "IF" you knew you weren't going to get service for what ever length of time, would you sign up with that service provider? It's a given that once you sign up, you expect the service to be there and not a week down the road.

I guess everyone should contact you then for signing up...

Rockdaddy22
Were you with PM before the promo? Obviously not. PM has great support when it works. I personally saw Shaz solve countless problems over the last couple days.

magical

Getting support from PM is like pulling teeth 

PM is a no support company. In a perfect world if things work as expected you probably wont have to ever talk to their non-existant support. But in the non-perfect world we live in some support is great. I'm awaying support and have been waiting over two weeks ...

For the deal I guess its OK.. 

but public mobile should really change their whole thing and motto to this:

Public Mobile -- Slogan "Roll Your dice, if you luck out and have no problems then great, otherwise, forget support cause you have none ---- SUCKER!"

Rockdaddy22
You obviously never tried to file a chargeback @oldman
%99 of people who input their info correctly get service within minutes. Why would you say, KNOWING you won't have service for days? Every person I've signed up, had service immediately. Unless you KNOW you're input the wrong data I don't see how you'd know that. Also it could be a week or 2 without service unfortunately.

oldman

I disagree... waiting 2 days let alone 2 weeks, is reason enough.

Which provider would you sign up with knowing you won't have service for days?

It's fairly obvious, to me anyways... charge back due to services not rendered.

Myself, I like Public Mobile but I can understand where people are coming from.

ttomkins

@kav2001c wrote:

@ttomkins the correct complaint should consumer REALLY want to do so is CCTS

Not the credit card company

Anyhow

I would encourage OP to not do either ways

Like I said, it is the consumer's right to file a dispute with their CC if the product or service is not as advertised, and it's up to the CC company to decide whether or not to issue a refund.  CCTS is also an option.

I also encourage waiting to hear back from PM as opposed to either option - a little patience will go a long way and I think your wallet will thank you in the end!

Rockdaddy22
What was the issue anyway.

@ttomkins the correct complaint should consumer REALLY want to do so is CCTS

Not the credit card company

Anyhow

I would encourage OP to not do either ways

ttomkins

Not having service for X days/weeks would qualify IMHO, but only the CC company can decide if it's a legitimate claim or not, not us. 🙂  The retailer has the chance to respond during the dispute process (with deadlines), and yes it's possible the dispute gets reversed.  Bottom line is, not getting the service you expected is a legitimate reason for initiating a dispute (at least it is with my CC), but it's up to the CC company to decide whether to refund you or not.  It's a headache for both sides, but if a customer feels he/she needs to go down that route, it's his/her right to do so.

@ttomkins but that's the point. You can't claim you did not get service simply because you did not get it fast enough. Trust me, even if credit card does it, they will reverse it the next month once Public responds.

ttomkins

@kav2001c wrote:

@ttomkins a few people keep claiming that but "initiating a chargeback" is wrong

If Public wanted to they would still get paid it just is more of a hassle

To chargeback you need a legitimate reason (unauthorized use, fraud, theft, etc)

Simply saying I bought something but they didn't give it to me right away is not a valid reason

While I am not recommending going down this route, not getting the advertised service or product is quite certainly one of the reasons you can initiate a dispute.  

Edit add:  The first thing your CC will ask you is if you tried to resolve the issue with the retailer directly, which is what I recommend doing!

@ttomkins a few people keep claiming that but "initiating a chargeback" is wrong

If Public wanted to they would still get paid it just is more of a hassle

To chargeback you need a legitimate reason (unauthorized use, fraud, theft, etc)

Simply saying I bought something but they didn't give it to me right away is not a valid reason

ttomkins

If you haven't done so already, PM a moderator with your information.  See:

All you need to know about our Community Moderators

**Information required before sending a message

You could also initiate a chargeback with your credit card company.  However, I recommend waiting until you hear back from a mod regarding your initial service issue before going down either of these roads, if you're saving as much $$ as me switching to PM, it's worth the wait.  Good luck!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@alvaro1 you can't really "cancel payment" (not legitimately) but there are avenues to claim a refund if you really want to. Wouldn't returning to old carrier result in a less favourable plan though?

Need Help? Let's chat.