cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get a refund if I haven't got the service?

alvaro1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So... I haven't been waiting as long as other as I read, but I really disagree with PM taking my money and not receiving any service. Does anyone know what are the procedures to cancel payment/claim money back?

Thanks

54 REPLIES 54

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I just noticed the conversation with @ute1978, so I was confused, sorry 😞

Rockdaddy22
Its ok I know I can't read 😢

nyall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @nyall

Our community is based on some principles first being respect, @Rockdaddy22 has been trying to help you and answer to you since the beginning but seems like you don't want to get helped. 

We aren't going to tolerate any disrespect towards our members. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

So you edited my post and which called him out for lacking basic reading comprehension but have done nothing about this in another thread? 

ss

You're a hypocrite, how is that okay but this isn't?

s

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @nyall

Our community is based on some principles first being respect, @Rockdaddy22 has been trying to help you and answer to you since the beginning but seems like you don't want to get helped. 

We aren't going to tolerate any disrespect towards our members. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

nyall

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Now you want a port?

Why do you visit and reply to every  thread on this forum, when you lacking even basic reading comprehension?

Where did I state I wanted a port? And why would I ask for a port when I am asking for the account that was created and activated without my permission to be closed? 

Rockdaddy22
Now you want a port?

nyall

@ute1978 wrote:

@nyall wrote:

In fact, I asked you to close the account as soon I as I read your message yesterday. This still has not been done. 

@ute1978 wrote:

Have you already tried to port your number?

@nyall wrote:
No I haven't. 

@ute1978 wrote:

I am sure one of the mods would be more than happy to do it after what happened.

------------------------

I thought so too, but even after explicitly asking Shazia to do so three times, she has failed to even ackblowedge my request.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nyall wrote:

In fact, I asked you to close the account as soon I as I read your message yesterday. This still has not been done. 

Have you already tried to port your number? (Sorry for not reading the whole conversation)

I just wanted to mention: Please be aware: If you close an account after a successful port of your number to PM you will not be able to port that number out to another carrier. I would suggest to go through with the port and after switching to another carrier and porting out, you can ask for account closure.

I am sure one of the mods would be more than happy to do it after what happened.

nyall
Spoiler
Smiley LOL

Congratulations. 

Guess I am too.  At least I'm in good company 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Yes, I'm a shill for the best nationwide carrier in Canada. 🤑

nyall

Shill. 

Rockdaddy22
Just get a chargeback and leave. Problem solved

nyall

@Shazia_K wrote:

@nyall

The credit was registered by you upon activation, we can only remove a registered credit card but cannot add one. 

----------

You created the account and activated it though, not me. I'd like a report with IP address logs that displays when the activation occured and when the VISA was registered to that account then. Because someone did it on November 29th and it wasn't me or anyone authorized by me. 

@Shazia_K wrote:

If you didn't want to activate the account itself why didn't you specify this in the request?

---------

At no point was it written anywhere on this website or forum that unless explicitly stated, an account would be opened and activated on your behalf by a moderator should you message them for and ask for assistance for a failed transaction charge. I was told, if I was having this issue, which is not are as several members are facing it, to message the mods with my name, email address and SIM card number. That is what I did. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@nyall

Please take note that I never added your credit card to any account, in fact, we don't have access to your credit card information at all. The credit was registered by you upon activation, we can only remove a registered credit card but cannot add one. 

If you didn't want to activate the account itself why didn't you specify this in the request?

Please refer to your financial institution if any charges were made if there is we will be able to open a refund request for you.

Thanks,

Shazia 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
justdo the chargeback already and get out of here

nyall

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @nyall

I asked you for some proof of payments in order to open an investigation form for you, you first messaged me saying you were charged and the activation failed. You gave me some account related information and I went ahead and finished the activation for you, you never mentioned anything about not wanting to activate with us anymore. 

-------------------

I gave you, a name, an email address and a SIM card number and told you my problem, which is what Luddite asked me and everyone else experiencing my problem to do. I never asked you to activate any account or open one on my behalf. I asked for assisstance for the 4 failed transactions that had occured. You never even confirmed my information before entiring it in, never verified that I was in fact the owner of the credit card, yet just added it as the payment source for the account. . 

@Shazia_K wrote:

There were no four times charges as you said on that specific account,  

--------------

Why would 4 transactions from October 27th appear on an account that was created on November 29th by you? Are you going to provide me a report of the all the transactions that my credit card was used for?  

@Shazia_K wrote:

there was only one charge of $120 which failed to complete but while I was activating your account the system somehow considerate the failed transaction as a valid one and I was kind enough to leave it. 

I'm sorry if ever you were charged that many times trying to activate an account with us, I am willing to help you further and we definitely don't want to keep your additional charges if any. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

So you gave me 90 days for free, just because you were kind? I totally beleive that. You then added my credit card to the account, and authorized it for automatic payments even though it had declined for payments previously. How is that even allowed? At what point did asking for assistance, authorize you to do any of this? I was not even aware that the account had been opened using my name and credit card information until a day later when I read your private message.

With all that considered I'm now asking you to close the account. It's clear there was a misunderstanding in the original message I sent to you. 

Can I get a report of this supposed only failed transaction so I can provide it to my bank? All 4 charges came on the same day within minutes of each other and from the same place, and appear the same way on my statement., 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @nyall

I asked you for some proof of payments in order to open an investigation form for you, you first messaged me saying you were charged and the activation failed. You gave me some account related information and I went ahead and finished the activation for you, you never mentioned anything about not wanting to activate with us anymore. 

There were no four times charges as you said on that specific account, there was only one charge of $120 which failed to complete but while I was activating your account the system somehow considerate the failed transaction as a valid one and I was kind enough to leave it. 

I'm sorry if ever you were charged that many times trying to activate an account with us, I am willing to help you further and we definitely don't want to keep your additional charges if any. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
Without your consent lol FOUR times you gave your consent. To think I felt bad for you, silly me.

Rockdaddy22
You agreed to an account when you signed up FOUR times. Why don't you post the email you sent to remind everyone that you didn't mention anything about not wanting an account. So yeah don't send her the info she needs, very smart. Keep complaining 🤑

I'll just say this 🤐

nyall

@kav2001c wrote:

@nyall wrote:
I didn't knwo that. Does that also permit them to open accounts for users without their consent? 

Yup

Actually there was a big story in news like 5 years ago about a rogue Solo employee doing just that

Taking advantage of old people to put them on contracts and getting paid commission for it

Oh sounds like quite the scholar. Was he promoted for it? 

@nyall wrote:
I didn't knwo that. Does that also permit them to open accounts for users without their consent? 

Yup

Actually there was a big story in news like 5 years ago about a rogue Solo employee doing just that

Taking advantage of old people to put them on contracts and getting paid commission for it

nyall

@kav2001c wrote:

@nyall so you tried to open an account Oct 27 but credit card was declined. You then waited a month later (Nov 29) to contact a mod (who responded in a single day) and are unhappy with her response?

No. I messaged her on the 18th asking for assistance for the 4 transactions 

@kav2001c wrote:

As to "encryption" (???) none of the carriers have your date encrypted internally (Bell/Rogers/Telus) so anyone can read your credit card number or even pull a credit report without authorization.

It is one of the reasons things background checks are done before you ever gain access to their systems.

Far more data than what people in store can see.

I didn't know that. Does that also permit them to open accounts for users without their consent? Call me paranoid, but I'd rather take a few precautions to protect myself and get some information, regarding my credit card transactions on their end and then contacting my bank providing them with that information and then asking them what I should do, before continuing to give any further personal information. 

@nyall so you tried to open an account Oct 27 but credit card was declined. You then waited a month later (Nov 29) to contact a mod (who responded in a single day) and are unhappy with her response?

She said if you were charged extra send her proof and they would correct it.

As to "encryption" (???) none of the carriers have your date encrypted internally (Bell/Rogers/Telus) so anyone can read your credit card number or even pull a credit report without authorization.

It is one of the reasons things background checks are done before you ever gain access to their systems.

Far more data than what people in store can see.

@oldman wrote:

I disagree... waiting 2 days let alone 2 weeks, is reason enough.

Which provider would you sign up with knowing you won't have service for days?

@oldman this is not a one time thing. Heck other carriers have had far worse service interuptions than this (we can be thankful Public is so small and therefore effects such a small number of clients?)

Bell's NMI transition is legendary and probably worst outage of all time, but both Rogers & Telus have their own special moments.

And we won't even mention Wind Cat Wink Just don't go there 

nyall

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
You'll get your money, just please try and be patient. I know it's frustrating but Shaz WILL get to the bottom of it. Just send her the info she asked for. I could go on about my story of being triple charged at pharmaplu/rexall needless to say, it took awhile to get it solved, but eventually they did

I am not sending her anything until I get a report of all the transactions that my credit card had been used, I want them with date and time., Then I want a report of the account creaton with date and time, Why? An account was created in my name, using my personal information and my credit card details. Yet at no poiint in tine, did I agree to any of this.  

Rockdaddy22
You'll get your money, just please try and be patient. I know it's frustrating but Shaz WILL get to the bottom of it. Just send her the info she asked for. I could go on about my story of being triple charged at pharmaplu/rexall needless to say, it took awhile to get it solved, but eventually they did

nyall

@hslmdjim wrote:

On the final screen when I tried to sign up, the PM website said my payment didn't go through and my card "has not been charged". If you have a screenshot of that screen or if your situation is similar, you can definitely claim a chargeback. This is NOT receiving service later, like what some other posters have suggested, this is fraud. To deceive customers by saying the card charge failed, while charging me and others multiple times, totaling thousands of dollars is fraud. You can also file a claim with the CCTS, and this type of situation does fall under their domain. 

I wish I had taken one, but didn't know I even had to.

hslmdjim

@Crowd wrote:

Short answer: no

Long answer: You could, but the TOS that you accepted when signing up for PM states that you cannot receive a refund. If you issue a chargeback with your credit card issuer/bank, it is not guaranteed that they will process it in your favour. But you could always try. Sounds like a huge pain in the ass though

As far as I know, charge backs shouldn't be taken lightly. 

Funny thing is, Public Mobile has time to enforce their "terms of SERVICE", while they can't seem to provide any service. Also, many are having the issue where they are charged while the website says the "card has not been charged". That's fraud and no receipt for charges that you were not informed of and did not agree to. 

hslmdjim

On the final screen when I tried to sign up, the PM website said my payment didn't go through and my card "has not been charged". If you have a screenshot of that screen or if your situation is similar, you can definitely claim a chargeback. This is NOT receiving service later, like what some other posters have suggested, this is fraud. To deceive customers by saying the card charge failed, while charging me and others multiple times, totaling thousands of dollars is fraud. You can also file a claim with the CCTS, and this type of situation does fall under their domain. 

Need Help? Let's chat.