cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible credit card fraud issue...

aander006
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A credit card I do not use for Public Mobile payments has been charged by Public Mobile.  The payments do not align or coincide with my existing Public Mobile account payments.  My credit card fraud department suggested I reach out to Public Mobile for assistance before they launch an investigation.  Can someone please contact me regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Albert

18 REPLIES 18

aander006

Already done.

OK @aander006 

Then if all other accounts have other associated credit cards which have all been charged appropriately for their respective services, and these extra charges on this card cannot be located as 'available funds' on any of the accounts, if it were me, I'd be immediately placing a hold on the card and checking all your other card transactions on this credit card account against known purchases you have made on this credit card.

I might also suggest swapping the payment information on this account to another credit card (if available), while this card is temporarily held for investigation.

aander006

Also, to answer your second question, none of the amounts appear as a credit on any of our accounts.

aander006

We have multiple PM accounts, some are 90-day plans and others are 30-day plans.  However, the credit card these charges appear on has never been used to pay for any PM services; all of our accounts are on auto-pay using a different card from a different provider.

@aander006 

Those values appear to be possibly from a 90 day plan from years ago. 

Are you 100% certain you (or someone else) wasn't/isn't receiving service with Public Mobile under a 90 day plan?

If not, do those extra payment amounts reflect under your Available Funds balance here on your self-serve and/or are they displaying under your transaction history under the View Payment History tab?

HALIMACS_0-1645390952082.png

aander006

The full description on the charge is "PUBLIC MOBILE855-4782542BC"

@aander006 wrote:

Oct. 27 - $110.25

Jan. 7 - $15.75

Jan. 7 - $126.00

These are very strange amounts. I could not match amounts to any plan (+tax).

And it says Public Mobile on transaction???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aander006 : I would change the payment card on the account and then pause the original card. Then after your next renewal, get the bank to chargeback those charges. Be very careful which ones if one of them is your legit charge. Seems pretty clear that your card has been compromised.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you never used 'that' credit card to pay PM bill and never even tried to activate PM account with it bank should investigation and refund you money not PM. I doubt PM has ability to search ALL customer's files for that particular credit card number to find out Who is using it. And even if they find most likely account info will be fake.

So, most likely somebody get a hold on your CC info but that will include your full info including your address, etc.

For a charge of $250 that should go for a longer time and not only one month.

Please come back here and let us know the outcome of investigation.

aander006

Thanks, ticket has been submitted.  Transaction history has been checked and the charges do not appear.  Billing cycle is at 30 days.

aander006

Oct. 27 - $110.25

Jan. 7 - $15.75

Jan. 7 - $126.00

@aander006 wrote:

Thanks, I've been with PM for several years.  I've already confirmed that the charges (total ~$250) 

@aander006 $250?? that's a lot.  

Open the ticket first and have PM to start the investigation first

In the mean time, login to My Account and check if your plan is showing   

$xx per  30 days  instead of per 10 days. 

There is a glitch earlier this year that people got change to every 10 days and hence they were charged 3x than usual every month

Also, did Payment History (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ ) shows those charges?

aander006

Thanks, I've been with PM for several years.  I've already confirmed that the charges (total ~$250) do not align with any payments to my existing accounts.  I have submitted a ticket now, thanks everyone for the quick responses and suggestions.

aander006

Thanks!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@aander006 

You also may wish to check your various PM account transaction history logs by signing into the account's self-serve site and tapping "View Payment History" to ensure the charges made to the 'wrong' credit card don't appear in the self-serve transaction history items.

If you find them there (same net amount/date) perhaps they were used for your PM services or are resting in the Available Funds area for use against a future renewal.

If they are NOT showing on any of your PM accounts transaction logs, can you share precisely the amounts and dates wrongly charged to the incorrect card?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aander006   how much did they charge?

Did you login to My Account and confirm the Transaction History (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/Public Mobile - Transaction Histo...) there?

Also, how long you have been with PM? if it is only a month or two, just want to ask if you recall any issue with activation and you have to re-attempt a second time or third time?  Some users activated multiple times and created some ghost accounts by accident 

You can also open ticket with PM Support and have them to track the reason for the multiple payments

1. For faster response (2-48 hours) and you have access to your Self-Serve My Account, Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or if you don't have access to Self-Serve My Account, you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@aander006 

Reach out to the CSA's here to report such that they may investigate and respond.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@aander006  We are all customers like you on these forums.

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Need Help? Let's chat.