cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am porting out my number, received the email from PM that I will be getting a sms text and need to approve. How long does it take to get this text? I have 90min to do this but been 40min and no text.

10 REPLIES 10

pantho2k2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As far as I know, after you get the text for the approval to port your number, you will have 90 mins to give your consent. If you don't then the number port is cancelled. So keep your PM Sim in the phone until you get the text first and keep the sim until you have no connection. Then change your sim for the new provider. 

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I've recently ported number IN and I've made the mistake of swapping out to the new sim card already. You're supposed to keep the old sim card (note that both plan must be activated at the time), and once you've received the text message, you're going to reply YES to the port out request.

@DL888   You have too much faith on your new provider.  LoL

if you want , use this direct link to open ticket with PM Support:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

DL888

wouldn’t be the provider, the problem is, I am suppose to get a text from PM to authorize the port. I get an email from PM saying that I will receive a text but the text never come.

@DL888   sound to me it is an issue from the new provider.  Some times, they don't process the porting immediately

I would check with them first

DL888

Yes, SIM never removed, text come in from contacts ok.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DL888   Are you getting text from other people?  if so, it could be an issue from your new provider.

Wait for another hour, if you do not see anything, check with your new provider first and ask them to re-trigger the text

Timer
Mayor / Maire

tried restarting your phone

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You have to keep your PM SIM in your phone and both accounts have to be active.

Usually message to reply Yes comes quickly but today is NOT a good day to leave/join PM.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@DL888 hi you must leave your public sim in your phone to receive the text

Need Help? Let's chat.