cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out

Naj1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wish to port out my number to another carrier (for a new device offer) but keep my plan with Public Mobile on my old device. Is there an option to port out but keep my plan going and get assigned another number with PM? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Moved:

Removed nonsense post/potentially harmful misinformation

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Naj1  No sorry you can’t port your PM number out and keep the account account with a new number . My suggestion if your willing to take a new number get a we number with new carrier that’s offering you the phone and just keep your PM account and if you want you can switch SIM cards and put your PM sim card into the new phone and use it instead 

@Naj1 wrote:

I wish to port out my number to another carrier (for a new device offer) but keep my plan with Public Mobile on my old device. Is there an option to port out but keep my plan going and get assigned another number with PM? Thanks

Sorry, but Public Mobile won't be able to assign a new number to your current account. Once you port out, your account will have been permanently closed.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Naj1 

nope...once you port your number out...your PM account is automatically deactivated. Just take a new number from new provider maybe.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, @Naj1 , there is not.

Once you port the number over, the PM account is kaput.

Once you change the number here, the old number is also gone.

Need Help? Let's chat.