cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out of Public Mobile

alamgir99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I have initiated a port-out my number out of Public Mobile to Lucky. My expectation was that I'd receive an email or SMS to authorize that. I did receive an email but it reads the opposite: PM thinks I'm porting into PM. There is nothing on Lucky's end  that I redo or recheck. Can anyone offer some advise please. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 6.49.13 PM.png

11 REPLIES 11

alamgir99

I trust tech more and more 🙂
The convenience outweighs the risk.

alamgir99

Hi

As you pointed out, we all have slightly different needs. I have a Mint subscription as I work cross-border. PM has been a bit pain: every time I cross the border I get like 20 marketing texts. So, if lucky does not support roaming that is even better for me 😄

Thanks.

Hi @alamgir99 I guess different people have different needs.  Only Lucky mobile has eSIM support within Tier 3 at the moment and you have gone to the proper one for your need.  Just an FYI, Lucky does not provide any roaming at all, not even US

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wouldn't esim be more vulnerable to fraud? Can't people "steal" it easier vs the  physical object?

alamgir99

Thanks Hollister

I called them up, and the person was able to cancel the existing one, and initiate a new. Within moment I had the text message to authorize the porting 🙂

alamgir99

Data quota is not the most important thing for me. I just need a Canadian number to make/receive calls. The reason I decided to move out is this:

I went to a short vacation and had to swap out the PM SIM. On return I could not find the SIM any more. I thought it would be an easy thing- just buy a SIM and update the profile. I spent hours after hours today browsing all 7/11 and small cellphone stores- no one has a PM SIM. I had ordered one yesterday- it wouldn't come to me until January 8 🙂

Finally, at 7.30pm went to a Tellus store and asked if they could get me a PM SIM- I was able to get one.

Summary I need a carrier who supports eSIM- I don't want to loose the chip again and again and face this kind of trouble. I will be paying the same per month with Lucky. So, I am fine for now 🙂

Why does this not surprise me @alamgir99  & @frustrated_user 

Oh well, if anything, an experience like this reinforces your decision to move elsewhere.

Hope all goes well!!!

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

frustrated_user
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the exact same problem.  I am trying to port two numbers out and into Freedom Mobile.  Freedom have initiated the port request multiple times over the last couple of days. I keep getting e-mails from PM as if I am porting in instead of out. On one line I finally did get the port out text message, but it came at 4:30 am so I could not reply in time. I really don't know what else I can try at this point.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@alamgir99 

how come you're switching? lucky doesn't have any plans to compete with the $40/15gb and $45/20gb promo from PM

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@alamgir99 , number porting is a "pull process".  When something goes off the rails for whatever reason, the receiving carrier has to do all the heavy lifting.  On the Public Mobile end, you should have received a request to authorize the number transfer out if the port submission was submitted successfully from the receiving end.  

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alamgir99 

Contact Lucky and have them reinitiate the port. Make sure your PM account is active and your PM sim is in your phone to receive the text to confirm porting out.

Need Help? Let's chat.