cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out of Fongo

Luzzgal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, last week I did the port out of Fongo, today I received a SMS from Public Mobile telling me that the transfer was successful. But I still receive my call in the Fongo app. What is the problem?

Thank you!!

19 REPLIES 19

@dust2dust so, look like it is Fongo, they probably still on member to member circuit without really route the call to the phone number.  It could be another day  or 2 before Fongo clear up the cache.

@softech- Yes external other providers get through normally. It's why I'm suggesting she talks to Fongo to make sure she's done everything right.

@Luzzgal I wonder if Fongo ever route the call out of Fongo network 

So, cam people from non Fongo call you and will your PM phone rings??

I was liking softech's idea of fully logging off of the app....not just closing it. But is there a reason why you're not trying to ask Fongo?

Luzzgal

Yes I can confirm the transfert is complete because I call the porting team of Public and they said its complete. But the problem is when its a call from my husband who is with Fongo, when he call me, the call is going to my Fongo app, if I turn off wifi and data, the call from my husband going to the voicemail of Fongo. But if its another carriers who call me its going to Public Mobile

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Luzzgal  Did you call the porting team yet?  if you call the porting team , enter the phone number and it cannot locate your porting request, then your porting is indeed completed.  If it can locate your number, then talk to live support for update (Porting team numbers?  will message you the number.  Check Community inbox)

If porting was completed, what you need LOGOFF from your Fongo, and  to try to make calls from DIFFERENT carriers (Rogers/Bell/Telus, etc) and see how it goes

Maybe Yummy was right and the text did lie.

Again, I would contact Fongo to see if you did all the right things. I don't know how one confirms a transfer out from Fongo.

The fact that other providers can call your number though... Do they get to your new voicemail? Or do they also get to the Fongo voicemail?

Luzzgal

Yes the number still active on my Fongo Account, maybe I need to wait a little

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I think I would contact Fongo. Doesn't sound right that internal calls stay internal. Does your Fongo account show that number as still active? It shouldn't be, as you said you got a text saying it was complete.

Luzzgal

Even with this off, my husband call going to the voicemail of Fongo

With wifi and cell data off? Does his call go anywhere when those are off on your phone? I would ask Fongo. Since you can receive calls inbound properly now from another provider that suggests something's still hung up at the Fongo end.

Luzzgal

Thank you!! If I call from another provider its working. But if my husband call from his Fongo number, the call enter on my Fongo app

Call from a whole other phone and whole other provider. Turn off wifi and cell data so that Fongo won't respond.

@Yummy wrote:

SMS confirming porting do not have to be correct.

lol No truer words have been spoken around here 🙂

Luzzgal

If I call from Fongo, I see the number I want to port out, If I call from Public Mobile, I see the same number too.

In my Fongo app, the number I want to port out is still there. Maybe Fongo need to close my account? 

@dust2dust wrote:

@Yummy- ??? They got a text saying done. Porting doesn't use a temporary number.

To my best knowledge The destination end will temporarily have the number for outgoing calls.

SMS confirming porting do not have to be correct.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy- ??? They got a text saying done. Porting doesn't use a temporary number.

@Luzzgal- Did you get that text via Fongo or your normal texting app (or were they linked?)? Can you turn off wifi and cell data and try to call your number from another phone and see what happens. After doing the ideas from MrSpock and also possibly airplane mode before that.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Porting is not completed yet.

When you call, which number people see? Your 'fongo' number or PM temporary number you get assigned?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luzzgal hi try reseating your sim reboot your phone,is everything else working?

Need Help? Let's chat.