cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting our of Public Mobile with inactive account (couple of days)

Stefan_999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking to port out of Public Mobile and my account is a two days inactive.  Already have service with Virgin Mobile, can't complete port because my account is inactive, don't want to spend the 15 bucks just to port out.  Was happy with Public Mobile but have zero service at work and kind of sketchy at home even.  

12 REPLIES 12

@Stefan_999 wrote:

because I have no reception at work and as I live in the country, it is sketchy at my house.  I have not issues with Public Mobile, it just isn't for me.

yes, @gpixel  was correct, Telus/Koodo/PM/Bell/Virgin/Lucky all share the network.  If you move away because of the customer service , then it makes sense.. if it is because of network reception, I am afraid you will be porting out again soon.  But at least you know know porting requires an active account and you won't make the same mistake agian.

@Stefan_999 

these are facts. wether you would like to believe it or not is upto you... virgin/bell run off the same towers as Telus/Koodo. 

nasty? lol ok bud

Stefan_999

No need to get nasty dude, I didn't know this was a thing.  Also Koodo is not the same service as Virgin.  The reason I was thinking of switching, if you read my post, is because I have no reception at work and as I live in the country, it is sketchy at my house.  I have not issues with Public Mobile, it just isn't for me.

@Stefan_999 next time you decide to switch or providers, try not to wait till the last minute. trying to be cheap caused you to spend more money. it happens to all of us. lesson learned... had you have switched to Koodo(which has the same reception as virgin) Koodo could of transfered you with an inactive on account

@Stefan_999 it might be suck but you need an active account to reply text to authorize the post.    If you still want to keep the number, change your plan to $15 and reactivate with it.  I think it worth the $15 if your care about the numbsr

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stefan_999 

important to you know when you do port to another company,

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

@Stefan_999 wrote:

That sucks!

@Stefan_999 

Unfortunately, it does suck.  Most mobile companies have the same policy.  Need an active account to port out.  At least, it was not an expensive plan like $40+/month.  It is just $15.  

Sorry to see you go.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stefan_999 

you have to do troubleshoot for your device or SIM card maybe you can fix it before you do port to another company, and public mobile is very good service provided by Telus network how you are not getting .... which area you live and also your work..

post your issue here and try to fix it and a lot of member in community site they have a nice info and maybe you getting help and you will keep your service with public mobile..

Stefan_999

That sucks!

Stefan_999

I've been going in circles and finding nothing but FAQ and self help options.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Stefan_999 

Unfortunately, you will need an active PM account to port to Virgin Mobile.  If you were porting to another Telus company like Koodo or Telus itself, then you could port with an inactive account.  You will need to pay the $15 to activate and then ask VM to port over your number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stefan_999 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,

Need Help? Let's chat.