cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting old number only partially worked

MattyMor10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported over my old number a few days ago. The number said successful ported. The problem is that it is not fully ported. I am sharing a number. I can call out on my phone and it works, but when others call me, they get the guy who lives in Dartmouth and is with Bell, I talked to him about this today.  He i going to the Bell store tomorrow. We are both assigned the same number. I cannot send or receive text messages either.

1 REPLY 1

@MattyMor10 wrote:

I ported over my old number a few days ago. The number said successful ported. The problem is that it is not fully ported. I am sharing a number. I can call out on my phone and it works, but when others call me, they get the guy who lives in Dartmouth and is with Bell, I talked to him about this today.  He i going to the Bell store tomorrow. We are both assigned the same number. I cannot send or receive text messages either.

How long have you had this phone number?  This is an error in one of the carrier's systems and the person who just recently got assigned the phone number will have no choice but to change the  phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.