cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting of number didn't work

Doerte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I requested to have my number ported from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile, but according to my chat with Freedom mobile, my number with them is still active (14 hours after activation of account and request to port). They asked me to get Public Mobile to submit a new number port request

15 REPLIES 15

@Doerte 

LoL…now we know if the same issue arise from another person with the same question.

Doerte

I got it sorted - I got a reply from a super helpful Moderator (Silvio_M).

My issue was that I have a dual SIM phone, and the second slot holds a German SIM card that I had "active", and it seems that SIM uses the Bell network here. I made the second SIM card "inactive" and now it only says Public Mobile. Problem solved.

Thanks!

Doerte

It says Telus SP (sp.telus.com) so seems it's all fine then..

@Doerte 

Telus and Bell share their network across Canada so you are connecting to their network at fhe moment. It may be that your phone opted to show bell instead of telus. Test all your services are working just to be sure....what does your APN list?

Doerte

Hi all - it seems that my Freedom account has now been cancelled and that the Public Mobile SIM card is active. I can also receive and place calls. however, it says "Public Mobile - Bell" in the top of my Android phone, and the little triangular signal icon has an "x" next to it still....    I am not sure if my calls are now placed on the Bell network? 

Doerte

Thank you!

@Doerte 

Your port is complete when the freedom sim card stops working and the pm sim card starts recieving incoming calling.

BTW....save your freedom sim card. If you have a friend that you refer to pm and they have one of those international phones like the Umidigi X that greys out the ability to edit the APN your freedom sim card is their ticket to using their mobile data. You can use the freedom sim card to enter pm's (and others) APN on these phones.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

after you replied yes.. you can switch out to PM sim.. keep reboot every 15 or 30 mins and see if it is receiving the incoming calls..   🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Doerte 

I forgot to tell you to power off the phone when you switch the SIMs.

@Doerte 

Once you reply with a YES wait couple of minutes then switch to PM SIM.

Doerte

One more question - I just got a new porting request sent from Freedom Mobile, to which I replied YES within 1 minute - still with the Freedom Mobile SIM card in my phone. When should I switch out the SIM cards (or in other words), how will I know when it's safe to switch and Public Mobile is active?

yes.. make sure you do it right this time and you should be good soon

After you reply yes to Freedom, it might be another 2 hours before it works fully.  you would want to reboot every 15 or 30 mins, try to make an incoming call to your number and see if PM sim is receiving the call.  If so.. porting is all done 

Doerte

Thanks - this is very helpful. I only noticed the text message to confirm 20 minutes after attempting to port yesterday - and I think I already had switched SIM cards at the time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES. 

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request. 

If you need more help with teleporting your phone number, call 1(xxx for assistance. It is Telus teleporting support number, which is public mobile's parent company. They will help you and answer any more questions that you may have. 

for more info Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number visit  HERE ,

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click HERE 

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click HERE 

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Edit by Dunkman: removed Telus porting phone number as per PM request.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Doerte  yes, i will private message you a phone number to call to confirm status ,   check your Community inbox

also, make sure you still have a Freedom sim in a phone, you will receive a SMS from Freedom confirming you are leaving.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins. for the porting to go through

Need Help? Let's chat.