cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number problem

Jay31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When activating the subscription I accidentally let the activating time out and it didn't properly port my number nor did it give me the option to set up esim. My service is still active with Bell. Can someone reach out to help fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Jay31

I'd like to thank you guys for the help! What ended up happening was myself not being fast enough. The port was successful and when I contacted PM via private message they managed to make sure all was working and even helped me re activate the eSIM. I was worried they wouldn't respond in a timely manner but withing the hour they took care of everything!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech OP is trying to activate an eSIM.

@Jay31 the phone number softech messaged you will help with requesting the port request again with Bell, but if something crashed during the subscription process, you may need Public Mobile's agents to help.

You can use the “Get Help” section at the top of the screen above: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help, type 'customer support' to get methods to Contact a Customer Support Agent with Public Mobile.

@Jay31  check the credit card and see if PM took the money yet.

If it did, put the PM sim in a phone and see if it connects and able to make outgoing calls.  

If it can connects and make call, it is just a porting issue.  There is a number to call to talk to live support, they can re-trigger the process for you. I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) . Check the envelope icon on top right. Call them and get it fixed

Jay31

I did, yes. The phone showed an activating screen but I did not reply YES to the text. After a few mins it timed out on me but did activate the subscription. It showed the number inside the account but it is still tied to my BELL services and did not port. When I tried again in the user options it said the phone number is no longer able to port and is ineligible. 

Inside the my account option it does not even give you the option to activate an e sim again so I can't even do that after choosing a new number. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Seems I need to somehow cancel the subscription and try again? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you left it alone on a screen during activation? Which screen? Have you tried again? Has any money been spent?

Don't forget to leave the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.