cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Rogers: still not working after 4 days

yanhe100
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks team

Rogers number and SIM functioned before porting, and not working after porting. 

4 days passed, we still cant make or receive calls using PM SIM card.

We can see from my PM account a few calls were made from my number everyday. Should I keep waiting.

Please help

4 REPLIES 4

@yanhe100 wrote:

Thanks team

We can see from my PM account a few calls were made from my number everyday. Should I keep waiting.

Please help

I am assuming that you never contacted Rogers to cancel the service there?  I'm sure that you know you were not supposed to do that, not even after submitting the number porting request.  If that was done, that would be why the porting failed.  The Rogers service stopped working by itself, correct?

If that's the case, that would mean that Rogers has released the phone number to Public Mobile.  I would make sure that you have your Rogers account number just in case, but to me, this sounds like this could be a situation of Public Mobile not finalizing things on their end.  If that's the case, the only thing you can do is wait for Pubic Mobile's moderators.

If by some chance, you ever did contact Rogers to cancel the service, you must reactivate it before being able to transfer the phone number.

However, since you say that you can't make (outgoing) calls, which has nothing to do with number porting, I suspect that this is an account provisioning issue, and as I said, only the moderators can fix that  (unless something that has been started to be known around here as the lost/stolen trick works - reporting the phone as lost temporarily and then as found).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yanhe100 wrote:

Thanks team

Please help

You have waited long enough for the port.  Send a private message to moderator for help.  Unfortunately, there will be another 2 - 3 days wait for the moderator.

Pro Tips:

Measure twice and cut once as a carpenter always does.

Double check your your account number, phone number, name on your account, PIN #. and IMEI # of your phone currently used in your current provider.

I have seen advise on this forum saying that you need only account and phone numbers to port a number to PM.  The port number form used by PM asks for these info for a reason.  Better save than sorry.  For a stuck port, you are waiting another 2 - 3 days for moderator.

Yesterday, I ported my number from 7-11 Speakout.  Porting number from Speakout or Petro-Canada Mobility are the most discussed failed port issue on this forum.  My port was completed in 4 hours.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yanhe100 , number port from Rogers takes 30 minutes to complete.  It is very likely that you port has failed.  One of the pitfalls with porting from Rogers is that they show hyphens in their account number on the bill.  However, those hyphens need to be removed when entering into the Public Mobile porting screen.  I recommend seeking moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yanhe100 wrote:

Thanks team

Please help

@yanhe100 It should not take that long for normal is 2 days. You may need to contact the Moderator in this situation. You can simply click on the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team" and have them to look up the process. 

Need Help? Let's chat.