cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my old phone number from Petro-Canada Mobility Wireless Service

MichelleZhang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I could not find Petro-Canada Mobility Wireless Service from the drop down lists of old suppliers, what can I do?

9 REPLIES 9

ingram861

it will not you let enter an IMEI until you select a provider, porting from Petro-Canada is being a real pia.. 

@LeePublic wrote:

@MichelleZhang If you don't see Petro-Canada Mobility, you can try Rogers, they run on the same network. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

I've also long suspected that would work as Ztar Mobile does not have their own range of phone numbers.  However, as the question about who the old carrier doesn't have to be answered when porting using the Public Mobile self serve account, this method as suggested earlier would also be the way that I would advised to get this number port done.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MichelleZhang If you don't see Petro-Canada Mobility, you can try Rogers, they run on the same network. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MichelleZhang 

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request. 

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy...

@MichelleZhang wrote:

"if that does not work, you will need to contact customer service agent to help complete the port. " How could I contact customer service agent if this does not work?

@MichelleZhang 

It's very important to make sure:

1) Your PetroCan account is still active

2) Keep the PetroCan SIM card in the phone to reply to a Port Authorization text from PetroCan within 90 minutes to accept the transfer.

Missing that could void the transfer and you'll have to start over again.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

MichelleZhang

"if that does not work, you will need to contact customer service agent to help complete the port. " How could I contact customer service agent if this does not work?

@MichelleZhang 

Here is an older thread with some more information:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

As mentioned above, activate with a temporary new number.  Then try again via your self service account.  However, if that does not work, you will need to contact customer service agent to help complete the port.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MichelleZhang  are you activating and try to porting at the same time?

Please activate with a brand new phone number first. After activation is completed, you can then request porting from within your Self-serve/My Account

There, you will not be asked what old carrier is.  Simply put  the IMEI  in the field: Equipment Serial Number.   (You can get the IMEI by just dialing *#06# on your phone

Do not use an account number and do not fill in the PIN for porting when coming from Petro-Canada Mobility.

Need Help? Let's chat.