cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting to Public Mobile from Zoomer Wireless

Maye1985
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good Morning,

I ported my 2 lines to Public Mobile yesterday. Just wondering if I need to contact Zoomer Wireless for final billing or they will sort it out. 

5 REPLIES 5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Maye1985 

PM is a prepaid provider and is a DIY service. it's not plug and play. please familiarize yourself with how the system works 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles

if you scroll to the bottom, you can also look through categories 

@Meow 

Zoomer is postpaid carrier. If the carrier owes money to the customer, they must issue a refund.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Porting in (or out) closes ported number/account immediately. If you had any credit at that company you might ask if they provide refund otherwise after account is closed all is forfeited.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Maye1985   you don't have to contact Zoomer to close the account.  The account would have been closed once the porting is completed.  (Calling to close the account before porting is completed will failed the porting request)

If you have a credit card on Zoomer system, they will charge the final bill as usual.

If they send you bill and you pay after, same, you will get the final bill and you can pay

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Maye1985 hi that would be a question they could answer for you but your accont should be closed after you port your numbers, best to ask them for a final bill just to be sure 

Need Help? Let's chat.