cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my Number to other Mobile provider

dreyes08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there any call center or customer number to call? porting my Public mobile number to Shaw since yesterday haven't receive any confirmation from Public Mobile. Shaw already process request from Public Mobile to port my number. till today almost 19 Hours Public mobile NO RESPONSE!

14 REPLIES 14

thevulture77

CS_Agent got it solved.  Thanks!

@thevulture77    That is really odd that after responding to the transfer text, you're still unable to transfer your number or being told that your number doesn't exist.   If the account is still active, then send a private message to CS_Agent and ask them for assistance or explanation. 

Here's a link to send a message:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@dabr wrote:

@softech    @thevulture77   is wanting to port out their number, so not sure if the Telus porting # can help?

@dabr   I might have misread.. i saw him just said  " I'm switching two phones over " and he was not the OP.. so, I kinda think he is switch over to PM.. LoL

thevulture77

Account is active.  I got the text from Public Mobile asking to authorize the transfer.  I authorized it, then got a text that there was an error.  When Shaw contacted Public Mobile they were told my Public Mobile phone number didn't exist.

@softech    @thevulture77   is wanting to port out their number, so not sure if the Telus porting # can help?

@dreyes08   Is the PM account active?  That is a requirement in order to port out. 

@thevulture77   did you get text on the 2nd phone number that are stuck?  you should have the old provider sim card in a phone and get the text from your old provider.

there is a number to call to talk to live support about the porting status.  Check your Community inbox, I will message you the phone number.  Call them before 10pm

Update:  @thevulture77   nevermind if you are switching out . I htouht you are swtiching in ..   

thevulture77

Oddly, I'm switching two phones over and one went perfectly fine.  So I know it's possible.  There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to get the other transferred over, though.  Very frustrating.

thevulture77

Having similar issue.  Shaw has cancelled and reissued the request four times over two days now.  PM keeps saying my account number is invalid (it's not) or that my number doesn't exist (it does).  After each request, Public Mobile sends me an e-mail with instructions on how to port a number from another carrier TO Public Mobile.  But I'm trying to port a number FROM Public Mobile to another carrier.  I've spent so many hours on this, it's killing me.  Can't wait to be off this carrier.  May have to abandon my number to do it, though.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@dreyes08 wrote:

Is there any call center or customer number to call? porting my Public mobile number to Shaw since yesterday haven't receive any confirmation from Public Mobile. Shaw already process request from Public Mobile to port my number. till today almost 19 Hours Public mobile NO RESPONSE!

Hi @dreyes08  We’re sorry to hear you’re leaving. Please note that if you want to transfer your number to another provider, your account needs to be active.  If you have problems in porting out your number, then you need Shaw to help you.

Stay safe

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

If your new service works, @dreyes08 , then you may or may not get any notification from Public Mobile.  I've heard this is a hit or miss event.

Refer to this link below for more details on the porting process: (EDIT:   there is a chatbot link within the last section of this article below which references porting out to another provider)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

I would (if you still can) log into your Public Mobile account and remove any auto-pay which may be set up, presuming you haven't already done that.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dreyes08 sad to see you go...

you still have your PM SIM on a phone able to receive SMS?  if you haven't receive text from PM confirming your number port out request, you need to call Shaw to ask them to re-trigger the process.. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dreyes08 wrote:

@dreyes08 to add to what @Anonymous said, along with leaving your PM sim in, your account must be active (paid up). Leave the PM sim in to answer the port authorization and keep using it until it stops working. This means the port to Shaw is complete, your PM account is closed and you can swap sims to the Shaw one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dreyes08 : That's really more up to Shaw to help you with that but did you leave this SIM in to wait for the transfer confirmation?

Need Help? Let's chat.