cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues into Public Mobile

Slothie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I started a port of my existing phone number from another carrier into my temp Public Mobile SIM card on another phone.

When doing the port I could not find my existing carrier in the list (Zoomer Wireless).  Zoomer registers to the Cityfone network, so I chose that.

Now I get a text message saying that the port is having problems, incorrect ESN/MEID.

Not sure how to proceed.  The chatbot didn't help much.

11 REPLIES 11

Slothie

Ok case closed.  Thanks to everyone for the help!

HI @Slothie  that is a sign that porting is completed!!! I don't think they will send you a text about completion

Welcome to PM

@Slothie  Sounds like port is complete  port team was probably able to verify the port verbally hence reason you never got the the confirmation text would be my guess , but we happy to hear it working for you now .. and welcome to public mobile 🙂

Slothie

OK so my old Zoomer phone went to "Emergency calls only".  I never received any text message asking for confirmation.

I can send and receive calls on my ported phone number on public mobile now (and public mobile SIM).  I guess the port is complete?

So odd I never got a confirmation text.  Is that normal?

Slothie

Waiting for the text message from Zoomer for confirmation...  The Zoomer SIM is in another phone (that's powered on and still registered to Cityfone).

@Slothie  Fingers crossed 🙂 

HI @Slothie  Yes, put your Zoomer sim card back in  a phone.  Zoomer will message you , reply YES 

Then you can put the PM sim back to the phone.  The porting should completed within 90 mins.  You will see porting completed if you receive inbound calls on your PM sim card.  So, reboot the phone every little while and try calling yourself

Slothie

Thanks.  Called the number and they re-initiated the port.  Will find out soon hopefully.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Slothie  is the account on Zoomer still active?

Call PM porting support team and they can restart the porting process.   I will messge you the phone number.  Check Community inbox

@Slothie wrote:

I started a port of my existing phone number from another carrier into my temp Public Mobile SIM card on another phone.

When doing the port I could not find my existing carrier in the list (Zoomer Wireless).  Zoomer registers to the Cityfone network, so I chose that.

Now I get a text message saying that the port is having problems, incorrect ESN/MEID.

Not sure how to proceed.  The chatbot didn't help much.

Please go back to the chatbot to open a ticket and a customer support agent will contact you afterward to assist.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Slothie  I’ll send you port team number private message for live support 

Need Help? Let's chat.