cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Freedom taking over a month

OneFiasco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there - looking for help from a moderator. I’ve activated and gone through the porting steps back in mid December 2023, to move my number from freedom to PM. 

After checking with freedom over their support over two weeks ago, they mentioned the port has still not fully transferred over. 

at this time I am paying two bills for the same phone number despite having an account set up, getting all of the relevant texts to confirm the port etc. 

17 REPLIES 17

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So that's on the Koodo side, let's see what the service agent says to your DM. Maybe the porting from the Koodo side is complete but there's some issue on the PM side. Let us know how it goes.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@OneFiasco 

I’m certain the customer support agents will credit you the 1st month if you share your experience with them.

If front line don’t, ask to deal with a ‘seasoned’ CSR.

Just ask nicely and let’s see them make this right for you!

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here 

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

OneFiasco

Appreciate you both. 

I have to say though - this was done with ample time and with contacting both Freedom and PM at the same time. TBH knowing a little bit about the intricacies of how porting works, the majority and onus of the work relies on PM here to make sure their port in rails are appropriately set up. 

We're almost at mid Jan, so a month of waiting/delays should not be the standard. 
Either I've followed both the instructions on the support forums, reached out to @CS_Agent via DM, logged in a ticket, and will retry calling the support line once again. 

Cheetah24

When porting (at least when I did it) I made sure both parties are contacted; and made sure both parties were kept in loop. So use what @HALIMACS provided as well. It's unlikely you will get it resolved within a few hours as the service agent at PM will take at least a few hours to reply. However if you can give it a few days after contacting PM and if needed your old provider, then I am sure your porting issue will most likely be solved. It's a bit sad that you've waited from mid December to contact the support agent and Koodo porting team; if this had been done earlier the wait times might have been shorter. I wish PM quickly fixes the chat bot. 🙂 🙂

@OneFiasco 

borrowing from a part of your username, the transition to the new app and community and self-serve redesign has been a bit of a fiasco in that their famous SIMon chatbot that they had been using for years to submit service tickets has been broken for almost a year.

It’s completely unacceptable and they appear to have done very little to remedy the issue.

OneFiasco

Appreciate you as well - and yes about two weeks ago and could not get through. 

i will retry. 

if this issue isn’t solved today I am just going to cancel PM as a whole on my two lines. 

Cheetah24

@OneFiasco: Unfortunately, with PM, the initial part is a bit less user friendly given that customer support isn't available in the conventional sense and I believe Telus while owns PM, doesn't probably put the same emphasis on user support at PM. But that's what it is and what you get with a budget provider.

However once things are setup and this porting issue is clarified I am certain you will have a good experience. For myself the porting was somehow smooth and after that I've never had a single complaint about PM; as you say I set it up and forgot completely. But then it's a mixed bag of experiences for different people especially initially given the support that's received can be very lacking. So I understand your frustration. 🙂

@OneFiasco 

did you call the number I linked?

They will help with the port if it is incomplete.

OneFiasco

Thank you sincerely appreciate it. 

OneFiasco

Thank you and yes tagged them here. 

will also send a private message. 

I did my research coming into PM, (I actually used to do pricing for Telus corporate), and if I knew it was this poorly executed I would have never joined. 

Yes cell plans are set it and forget it once you get a good deal, but **bleep** why is this so difficult. 

Cheetah24

Yes, but that link is broken as you showed. Use the link I provided in my reply previously; https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Cheetah24

Yes unfortunately the chat bot has issues these days and a fix has not being made. Please follow the instructions I provided in my previous reply to contact the customer service agent. 🙂

OneFiasco

@CS_Agent reaching out here given the above direction via chat. 

OneFiasco

I can’t believe this is the state of PMs support. I’m a fairly tech savy person so I’ve also tried multiple times trying to submit a ticket via chat. 

each time with two various devices I get the same error. Sad. 

IMG_3157.png

IMG_3158.png

 on iPhone 15 pro max. 
this is the same error on both chrome and on the web app (dedicated PM app) 

Cheetah24

@OneFiasco: Please contact the customer service agent through direct message at, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 immediately.

They are the ones that will be able to look at your account and make sure that the porting was done correctly. I believe this information is not really surfaced as lots of people ask porting issue questions in this forum whereas the thing to do when porting is contact both parties and keep them in the loop until the porting is fully completed. The people in this forum are just users like you; while we can provide general guidelines it's the customer service agent who will actually be able to look at your account; so for issues such as this always contact the customer service agent through direct message.

OneFiasco

I also went as far as trying to triage the issue with freedom. 

they told me PM has not fully ported the number over and if I cancel my freedom service, I risk loosing my number. 

for a another recent port into PM - it went all fine and I did the same exact sequence in the same exact time frame. Mind you it was a port from sister brand Koodo into PM. 

i need this escalated as I’ve done my due diligence on folllwing up with both carriers. It’s PMs responsibility to get the port sorted and refund me the 1 month service that I’ve paid for but freedom clearly is covering. 

Terrible first month as a new PM customer. 

OneFiasco

Sorry I mistakenly accepted your answer as a solution. 

and yes I did immediately - and still it has not ported over. 

Need Help? Let's chat.