cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Freedom Mobile, not completed?

Casperr0426
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So yesterday, one of my Freedom Mobile lines to my existing Public Mobile account. After several hours, I noticed on my Public Mobile self serve that my Freedom Mobile is now showing up as my Public Mobile number. I did not get a text from my Freedom and Public Mobile phone that porting has been completed. 

Now issue I noticed is, both my Freedom and Public phone now have the same phone number. I can login to my Freedom Mobile account and I can see that number is still there. When I try to call from both numbers, they work and shows the real phone number I want ported out from Freedom. But when I call into that number, the Freedom phone is the one that rings. Both have data that works. 

I got a number received from Public Mobile if I have issues with porting, which I called. However, they said they cannot do anything about it as I am not a Telus customer, odd. He advised me to change my Public Mobile number to a temporary number and restart the porting process again, is this correct? 

Yes, I have messaged cs_agent but give that they had not responded to my question since Saturday, I do not expect to receive a reply from them today or tomorrow. 

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

Casperr0426

I have lost my hope. You guys here are amazing but not the support. I know the model of Public Mobile and for the most part, you do not need to contact support, but when you do, there would be times you would feel helpless. I think I lost my phone number now. I called the porting team they advised me to change my phone number on my PM side and redo the port request, I called Freedom they said they released it. When I tried to request again to port my Freedom number to PM, it now says it is not eligible to port. I think I will just go with Fido in person. I have wasted so much time for this. 

Casperr0426

I did and they said I need to contact the support here as they said I am not a TELUS customer 😞 

Trying to call Freedom right now. 

HI @Casperr0426 

call out works on both phone  is normal when the porting is not completed yet

since you cannot receive incoming calls , it is a problem with porting.  Please call the porting team I sent you earlier.  If you enter the number once and it said your number cannot be found, enter it a second time and it will then route you to talk to a live agent

Casperr0426

PM does not ring, Freedom rings

When I call out from both phones, both work using the number from Freedom that I wanted to port

Casperr0426

They are two different companies so I do not think it matters. 

FlutteringBy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Casperr0426 

Did you port your Freedom account to a separate email account?....one that's different from your Public Mobile account?....each account needs its own email address, not 2 accounts 1 email address....

HI @Casperr0426 

don't cancel Freedom account yet just to be safe

Try this, call yourself from another phone and confirm if PM phone rings

put Freedom sim back and test if it can make/receive calls and data work. (if it can, then number definitely not ported yet)

Danistrut
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If anyone can send me the porting number as well I'd really appreciate it. Never got a sms transfer request from my old carrier and haven't gotten anything back from cs.

Casperr0426

Thank you guys for sending me the number to confirm the porting status. 

It says an active transfer request does not exist on this number. The number I entered is my Freedom Mobile number that also works now on Public Mobile. I am so lost about this. It’s like it ported it but did not cancel Freedom Mobile and I am scared to do what was suggested of me by the person I spoke with from that porting hotline, to request a different number in my PM account, and restart the port request from Freedom. I don’t want to lose this number, this is my main phone number. 

Cher25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. We are trying now.

HI @Casperr0426 

sent already

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Casperr0426 

it looks like porting not done

there is a porting team you can call to confirm porting status.  i will message you the phone number.  Check your Community inbox

Casperr0426

Can you also please DM it to me? Thanks

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Casperr0426  I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.