cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting failures/errors

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wishing to know if there's any official word on this as some searching finds some mentions that maybe it works:

If one has not confirmed the port or one has entered erroneous information or the account was not active from elsewhere ...the port fails. Can one simply go back into Change number and re-initiate the port themselves?

Rather than having to contact the moderators.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Oh yes of course...the porting instructions. Nice find. So that 1 is for the Telus family. So I went hunting on Rogers family and Bell family and didn't find mention of anything similar. I can well imagine I'm not looking hard enough.

Still leaves me wondering if a failed port from elsewhere for whatever reason can be tried again simply using the Change Number/Transfer function.

@Anonymous 

Well I'm going by the help articles procedure for telus/koodo/pm customer that misses all of extra porting texts they send out they will then send this text out....

The SMS will read as follows:Public Mobile msg: You have requested to move your phone number to Public Mobile. A message was sent earlier to authorize the number transfer. We have not received your response. To reinitiate the request, please reply ‘1’ to this text and a NEW message will be sent to authorize the number transfer. Please call our Porting Team if you need more help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : That would be the first I've heard of a 1 to be used. That would also be useful. Does the first text from providers say that? That would be useful. Something like reply before 90 minutes. If after that then reply with a 1 and we'll re-send it. That would be the case for those that don't leave the old SIM in.

I was wondering that however the port failed whether that would open the ability to just try it again yourself with the Change Number function without needing the mods.

And yes I'm only talking about inbound during/after activation. So the text comes from the other provider. But also if the other provider fails the attempt for their reasons then can we try it again...without the mods?

@Anonymous 

I think the issue would be the second SMS text sent by pm ( or the other provider's method) when you miss the initial porting authorization text. You have to reply with a "1" then pm sends you another text to reply YES to.....

If it's incorrect information that has been entered I would imagine access to the internal system to correct that info (porting team) would only be available to employees with the appropriate security clearance.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wishing to know if there's any official word on this as some searching finds some mentions that maybe it works:

If one has not confirmed the port or one has entered erroneous information or the account was not active from elsewhere ...the port fails. Can one simply go back into Change number and re-initiate the port themselves?

Rather than having to contact the moderators.

Don't know but can't hurt while waiting for mods to respond. You've assumed an account has been activated and is working,

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.