cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting error?

JanLu9999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently, after the customer support team fixed my problem with the SIM card we ported the number of my Rogers Pay-as-you-go. As of right now:

• The Rogers account has been cancelled
  • The porting was successful, we got the text message and everything
  • The Public Mobile number is correct

However, the phone is only able to make calls and not receive them.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

I have already used a referral code since many people requested that I use theirs. Thank you for the offer, but no.

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Porting mobile to mobile is usually done within few hours.

Land line takes up to a week to be completed.

UNLESS you asked for referral code in Community forum, unsolicited private messages with codes are against the rules of this forum.

What message other get when they try to call you? Can you SMS/MMS in/out and does Internet works?

I assume your account says: Active.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JanLu9999  - you got the text message to approve the port, is that what you meant? If this was a Rogers cell number you transferred over it should only take 2-3 hours to complete.

But, if this was a Rogers landline, that takes longer. About 3+ days to complete.

And, when the incoming calls come to your Public Mobile SIM card that is a good indication that the port is finished.

When you call the phone number does it go to you other voicemail with Rogers? Or, do you receive an error?

If it goes to the voicemail, and after the allotted time it takes to complete the port, and still no incoming calls, submit a ticket with CSA by either method provided by @HALIMACS 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@JanLu9999   If you are can make calls and your Rogers SIM not working already, just reboot your phone once again and maybe another reboot in 30 mins.  Should work any time

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JanLu9999 

What about texting and data?  Are you able to receive texts?  How long ago did you port over?  

As for requests for friend referrals. If you did not ask for a referral code, on this community, you should not been spammed for referral code request.  This is against community rules.  If you wanted to, you can report the users to the customer service agents for follow up.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JanLu9999 

Incoming calls are usually the last of the services to work

However they still should be functioning within several hours of porting. If the problem exists after half a day, there is an issue and the customer support agents to intervene again.

EDIT: before contacting them again, try rebooting your phone, resetting network connections, toggling airplane mode on and off, removing and reinsert your sim card.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.