cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number in from Koodo

jdeboer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have created a Public Mobile account. I currently have a Koodo account on monthly billing. I have created two tickets trying to port over the number using the proper website channel and have not received any msgs back and the number has not been ported over. How can I proceed? 

26 REPLIES 26

@jdeboer   please remove your image as we don't need to know your phone number

Go to your image page

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/287775/tab/all

hover the most to the top right of the image and click X to delete

For the number, I believe you had submitted the transfer already (or at least a failed attempt holding it up)  and hence it shows you "not eligible to port error"

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed (but call tomorrow morning as it is now closed)

jdeboer

@softech This is what I am seeing 

jdeboer_0-1683860704948.png

@jdeboer 

There was issues with SIMon Chatbot the last few days but it was fixed. Try private messaging a CS_Agent and also Submit a Ticket again. They normally don’t take this long.

Meanwhile, the Koodo SIM should continue to work.

I forgot to ask if it was a prepaid or postpaid plan on Koodo because there are different steps for different plans.

@jdeboer   with Koodo Postpoad, you don't have to open ticket with support for porting.. You can request porting yourself at My Account

Login to My Account, go to Profile page and click Change Phone number, and select Transfer number.  And make sure your Koodo account is still active.  Once you submitted the request, put the Koodo sim card in and wait for a text from Koodo, reply YES within 90 mins

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

There was a problem with the ticketing system for a couple days. You could try again or just send a private message to CS_Agent. They respond to both. Just that we're supposed to use the ticketing system.

Still wanting to be sure of your Koodo. Did you verify how you log in as asked earlier?

Postpaid is actually the same as prepaid up until you use overage features or if you don't pay. Prepaid will just stop if you don't pay and there are no overage charges for this prepaid service.

jdeboer

@BKNS27 unfortunately I am not. I called the number you provided could not get it to work. I have not heard back on either of my tickets I am getting a little exhausted by the process. I am supposed to do the same process this weekend for my brother, mother and sister. At this point I am telling them not to switch until I can get mine converted and I am leaning toward cancelling my account at this point. I have contact Koodo there is nothing on their end they have not even received a porting request from Public but have noted my account to just accept the porting request when submitted. 

jdeboer

@dust2dust both my tickets were submitted and I have not received any response from Public Mobile to date so there is a problem on their end for sure please help. 

jdeboer

@softech I am a post paid customer pay at the end of every month 

@jdeboer 

Hopefully you are up and running by now.

Ok. Good to see. I did my ticket on a mobile browser. No Sent item. So maybe it's yet another mobile disfunction. The next step that we can't know other than no response is whether they are getting these tickets properly into their queue. So let us know if you end up sending a private message and getting a response.

@jdeboer 

With Koodo Postpaid, you pay at the end of the cycle. It is ok to miss a payment and it won't interrupt the service  and Koodo would simply add interest to the outstanding balance

with Koodo Prepaid, it is like Public Mobile.  You pay on Day 1 of the cycle for the next 30 days (or 31 days for Koodo).  If any problem with the payment, the account will be supended on renewal day unless a payment is made.  Also, you cannot use any add-on service without first paying for that

Easiest to confirm if you are on Koodo Prepaid or Postpaid is to check your Koodo Login page: https://www.koodomobile.com/login

If you login using Monthly Customer, you are with Koodo Postpaid, otherwise, you are with Prepaid

We have to ask it clearly if you are prepaid or postpaid as there is a different ways of porting for the two type of Koodo accounts

jdeboer

@computergeek541 I am not sure the difference between prepaid and post paid. I have a regular monthly phone plan and it is deducted monthly from my cc. 

jdeboer

@dust2dust Thank you I did not check this but I just did and they do appear in my sent so that is a positive! 

jdeboer_0-1683637675816.png

jdeboer

@BKNS27 thank you. I have contacted Koodo and they are expecting it. Currently carrying both phones and have not received a txt from Koodo

@jdeboer 

You will need to have the Koodo SIM in your phone for you to get the text from Koodo for your confirmation.

Then there will be a 90 minute window for you to reply.

I will private message you for the Porting Department for help.

@jdeboer 

Since you submitted 2 tickets, the CS_Agent get back to you soon. It maybe that up to 48 hours depending how busy they are.

@jdeboer wrote:

I have created a Public Mobile account. I currently have a Koodo account on monthly billing. I have created two tickets trying to port over the number using the proper website channel and have not received any msgs back and the number has not been ported over. How can I proceed? 

Is this a from a postpaid Koodo account?  For phone numbrers from a postpaid Koodo account, a ticket doesn't need to be opened. the porting request can be initiated from inside your Public Mobile Self Serve account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you see the tickets in your Sent folder? I tried today and the ticket was not there. I had no response. I sent a private message and got a response. I think the ticketing is broken.

You say monthly billing though. Is that a so-called Koodo prepaid or postpaid? You should be able to do your own transfer unassisted with postpaid.

dust2dust_0-1666045909218.png

jdeboer

@BKNS27 they must be in a different time zone than me. Currently where I live it is 9:37pm May 5 but the ticker I submitted today says May 9 9:25pm that is in the future and the one yesterday May 7 8:40pm shows May 8 8:40pm so not sure. 

jdeboer

@softech I have been monitoring my private msg but have not received any thanks for the help. 

@jdeboer 

I see the tickets are 8:40pm and 9:25pm. Their hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST.

jdeboer

@BKNS27 I have not received any txt or a private msg back from yesterday. Below are my active tickets trying to port over. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jdeboer 

It is good that your previous carrier is Koodo (Telus). It will be pretty easy to fix but did you reply to the text with YES from Koodo with the Koodo SIM in your phone?

If you submitted a ticket then you just have to wait until they private message you back to complete the porting process.

@jdeboer   when you message them for update, please include the Ticket reference number

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jdeboer  you have done the correct thing to open ticket for porting help since you are porting form Koodo Prepaid service 

Did you check the Community inbox to confirm if PM reply you yet?

If no reply from them, please message them for status update:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

jdeboer

jdeboer_0-1683595817192.pngjdeboer_1-1683595847847.png

Need Help? Let's chat.