cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a new number to an existing account

Carlylou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with PM since November 2016. I just ported a new (local) number that belonged to an out of country friend while she was here visiting. I am able to receive and send text messages and make phone calls, but I am not able to receive phone calls. My cousin, who is also a PM account holder, said that the port must be incomplete and requires being pushed through on PM’s end. Someone please help me. 

6 REPLIES 6

Carlylou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The moderators helped me resolve it and everything is working properly now. Thanks everyone 

@Carlylou wrote:

I have been with PM since November 2016. I just ported a new (local) number that belonged to an out of country friend while she was here visiting. I am able to receive and send text messages and make phone calls, but I am not able to receive phone calls. My cousin, who is also a PM account holder, said that the port must be incomplete and requires being pushed through on PM’s end. Someone please help me. 

I don't see anything here in the original post about wanting to transfer a phone number from another Public Mobile account to another Public Mobile account. 

I see only mention of the OP @Carlylou  asking another subscriber for advice.

If you are not able to receive calls or text messages on the phone number that you just ported in, you will need to contact a moderator.  Be sure to have the account information (such as account number and customer's name on account that the phone number came from) for the phone number that you friend let you have.   

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@Wonder_why actually, I'm pretty sure you can, but not without deactivating the account the number is being ported from and losing the previous number on the account into which the number is being ported into.

@srlawren No you can not, I previously private messages the MOD in December 207, here the copy and paste below

Moderator_Team Moderator ‎12-19-2017 09:33 AM Friend Ignore
Re: Porting from Public Mobile to Public Mobile
Hey Ken,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I can definitely assist you with your requests.

Public Mobile phone numbers are not interchangeable or portable between accounts. The same goes for Public Mobile plans.

Thank you for your understanding.

I hope I was able to clarify your doubts in regards to your accounts. Let us know if you need anything else and have a great day!

Saray

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wonder_why actually, I'm pretty sure you can, but not without deactivating the account the number is being ported from and losing the previous number on the account into which the number is being ported into. I sit corrected.  Thanks!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Carlylou wrote:

@Carlylou you can not port PM to PM, only MOD can but there are not willing do anymore again, did 1 time for someone else

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi @Carlylou instructions are here to fix your port

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.